• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC...This is NOT okay.

251 posts in this topic

To update this thread......CGC basically did nothing for me. They offered a press, and placed it into a new holder. They then refused to refund the shipping that they stated they would refund.

One time I got a ASM 121 in a thick holder, I called them and told them about it and they told me to send it in for a new thinner holder and shipping was free, maybe you should of called them first before crying about it on the boards first (shrug)

that! You can't think CGC is punishing him for complaining out loud, or that you think that might be reasonable.

To update this thread......CGC basically did nothing for me. They offered a press, and placed it into a new holder. They then refused to refund the shipping that they stated they would refund.

One time I got a ASM 121 in a thick holder, I called them and told them about it and they told me to send it in for a new thinner holder and shipping was free, maybe you should of called them first before crying about it on the boards first (shrug)

that! You can't think CGC is punishing him for complaining out loud, or that you think that might be reasonable.

I can think that actually, I can think however I please, Anyway CGC could very well be punishing him for it, they are known to read these threads.

I can think that actually, I can think however I please, Anyway CGC could very well be punishing him for it, they are known to read these threads.

Normally Id say something like you're crazy, CGC is trying to be as professional as they can. Why do something like that on purpose. But then again youve been here longer than most so maybe you know something we dont.

Normally Id say something like you're crazy, CGC is trying to be as professional as they can. Why do something like that on purpose. But then again youve been here longer than most so maybe you know something we dont.

Nope

CGC owes DrDoom a 9.8 8.0 SS Detective #880 signed by whomever it was that signed his book. That is the only way to make this right.

All IMHO, of course.

Fixed it for you :thumbsup:

No - I an believe the OP when he said the book wasn't an 8.0 originally, so the best way to make it up is to get a decently HG copy. Besides, how difficult can it be to find at least a 9.6, if not a 9.8, of this particular book? (Or am I missing something, besides half my brain and all my sanity?)

-slym

CGC owes DrDoom a 9.8 8.0 SS Detective #880 signed by whomever it was that signed his book. That is the only way to make this right.

All IMHO, of course.

No - I an believe the OP when he said the book wasn't an 8.0 originally, so the best way to make it up is to get a decently HG copy. Besides, how difficult can it be to find at least a 9.6, if not a 9.8, of this particular book? (Or am I missing something, besides half my brain and all my sanity?)

-slym

The book was a CGC 9.4 the OP cracked out himself. The graders noters on the book now match the CGC 8.0 grade - which means that, most likely, the OP damaged the book either cracking the slab, getting it signed or by mishandling it prior to getting it into the hands of CGC.

CGC messed up big time on the encapsulation part on this book and, subsequently, offered him a free press & free re-holder. They should, of course, pay for shipping both ways as well - that goes without saying.

But unless they were the ones that caused the book to drop from a 9.4 to a 8.0, how is it their responsibility to replace a book the OP damaged himself?

lol

All IMHO, of course.

-slym

mschmidt :troll:

All IMHO, of course.

-slym

Same book?

Link

All IMHO, of course.

-slym

Same book?

Link

There could be a big "OUCHY" coming.

All IMHO, of course.

-slym

Same book?

Link

Same serial.

So when the OP claimed that it dropped from a 9.4 to an 8.0 due to mishandling by CGC, he was full of *spoon*? I'm shocked - shocked, I tell ya :ohnoez:

All IMHO, of course.

-slym

Same book?

Link

Same serial.

So when the OP claimed that it dropped from a 9.4 to an 8.0 due to mishandling by CGC, he was full of *spoon*? I'm shocked - shocked, I tell ya :ohnoez:

So it was an 8.0 that he faulted CGC for, and it looked jacked-up in the holder, now its an 8.5 sitting perfectly centered, and it got an 8.5 due to his mis-handling? ???

:insane:

All IMHO, of course.

-slym

Same book?

Link

Same serial.

So it was an 8.0 that he faulted CGC for, and it looked jacked-up in the holder, now its an 8.5 sitting perfectly centered, and it got an 8.5 due to his mis-handling? ???

In this thread he claims it was a cracked-out 9.4 that, all inner-weld issues aside, was mangled by CGC after getting signed and therefore dropped to an 8.0.

In his sales thread he claims it was a cracked-out 9.6 that he himself mangled and which then dropped to an 8.5.

If I had to speculate, I'd say that CGC asked for the 8.0 to be sent back due to the inner-weld mishap and gave him a free press & regrade as compensation which resulted in a CGC 8.5 book.

All IMHO, of course.

-slym

Same book?

Link

Same serial.

In this thread he claims it was a cracked-out 9.4 that, all inner-weld issues aside, was mangled by CGC after getting signed and therefore dropped to an 8.0.

In his sales thread he claims it was a cracked-out 9.6 that he himself mangled and which then dropped to an 8.5.

If I had to speculate, I'd say that CGC asked for the 8.0 to be sent back due to the inner-weld mishap and gave him a free press & regrade as compensation which resulted in a CGC 8.5 book.

I would think that if it were pressed, it wouldn't be in an 8.5 holder. If it wasn't damaged by the heat seal, it would have likely went up with a press and had it been damaged, I can't imagine it would have been an 8.5 regardless. My bet is it was just re-holdered and there was no damage from the original seal. Find it interesting it wasn't mentioned. I wouldn't think it would have hurt the sale given the price.