• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC...This is NOT okay.

251 posts in this topic

Sorry all, I have been extremely busy with work and planning our wedding, so that I have not got to update the thread recently.

CGC was called a couple days ago and their response was "Send the book back to us, we will pay for shipping, and then decide what is the best way to handle the situation."

So in short, I am in a holding pattern, but I think CGC will do a good job making the situation right.

Sorry all, I have been extremely busy with work and planning our wedding, so that I have not got to update the thread recently.

CGC was called a couple days ago and their response was "Send the book back to us, we will pay for shipping, and then decide what is the best way to handle the situation."

So in short, I am in a holding pattern, but I think CGC will do a good job making the situation right.

I would be shocked if they did not "make it right". It is unbelievable that the book got past QC looking like that!

Let us know what happens!

This reminds me alot of the whole TMNT 1 3rd print in a 1st print holder 9.8 auction issue that went down a couple years ago. CGC apparently made that right without much fanfare.

Research well..you do not

This reminds me alot of the whole TMNT 1 3rd print in a 1st print holder 9.8 auction issue that went down a couple years ago. CGC apparently made that right without much fanfare.

Research well..you do not

lol

That was PGX.

No. I'm not referring to that fiasco. I'm referring to a cgc TMNT that was sold at auction back in 2011 (I think) where the book was actually a later (3rd?) print but was not noted as such on the slab. It sold for a record amount and the sleuths in the copper subforum noticed it first. If the search function actually worked effectively I could find the thread but it was discussed at length back then. It didn't get much fanfare b/c it was in a subforum. I do remember someone from CGC chimed in afterwards in the thread and made note that the winning bidder had been compensated.

That was PGX.

No. I'm not referring to that fiasco. I'm referring to a cgc TMNT that was sold at auction back in 2011 (I think) where the book was actually a later (3rd?) print but was not noted as such on the slab. It sold for a record amount and the sleuths in the copper subforum noticed it first. If the search function actually worked effectively I could find the thread but it was discussed at length back then. It didn't get much fanfare b/c it was in a subforum. I do remember someone from CGC chimed in afterwards in the thread and made note that the winning bidder had been compensated.

I linked to the only post referencing CGC actions (that I saw) - but here's the thread if you want to check it out.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5523308Post5523308

That was PGX.

I linked to the only post referencing CGC actions (that I saw) - but here's the thread if you want to check it out.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5523308Post5523308

That was it! Thank you for finding it!