• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC...This is NOT okay.

251 posts in this topic

I just recently bought my first cgc'd comic and now I'm not sure if I would ever even think about submitting a book to them.

Have you ever used eBay?

-slym

Ebay NM-M to Mint. My favorite!

:luhv:

I did find one seller that actually got it right on a NM/M book....had to be an accident. lol

lol

I found a few of them.

Wait a minute. Could it be the same seller?

hm

Man I love Kate Upton!! On another note can you take a picture of the back cover where the bend is to see if it "exists" or not?

Chris stole Kate from me!!! meh

I did, and I thanked you. Then the Mods made my post vanish. So thanks! (thumbs u

(thumbs u

:gossip: My wife is right next to me. I had to click "Quote" super fast to respond! lol

Man I love Kate Upton!!

So do I.

But damn it's so hard and awkward to be reading the boards at work and scroll past Chris S's signature.

:facepalm:

At work, try reading threads on an Ipad while laying in bed next to the wife! :o

+1.....lol

I used to do this too, but then I snickered too much.

That's not an 8.0 and is the reason I stopped subbing books to them. Look under the desk at CGC and find the bottle of Rum and there is your encapsulation bandit.

I don't know what is up lately but some of my usual 9.8 candidates have been hit hard with 9.4's and such. I know of others who have also had grades come back much lower than anticipated recently. :frustrated:

Or maybe it's just a way to get us to start buying the grader's notes more often. hm

I am super nervous about my latest submission but all I can really do is cross my fingers and hope that the cgc gods are in a good mood when they get my books. :wishluck:

Maybe cause you and the people you know can't grade? My last 3 submissions I slabbed 26 books in April and May, I went 24/26 on 9.8's. CGC looks good from my house.

What issue?
The one that's in the slab that everyone in this thread is talking about - Detective Comic #880, where the Joker's head is sort of made up of a bunch of flying bats. It's a pretty cool cover. Is the story any good?

AWESOME cover.. one of my favs.

Story is brilliant. That's the second last in the arc - 871 - 881, can be bought in TPB or Hard Cover under the title "The Black Mirror". Highly recommended.

That's not an 8.0 and is the reason I stopped subbing books to them. Look under the desk at CGC and find the bottle of Rum and there is your encapsulation bandit.

I don't know what is up lately but some of my usual 9.8 candidates have been hit hard with 9.4's and such. I know of others who have also had grades come back much lower than anticipated recently. :frustrated:

Or maybe it's just a way to get us to start buying the grader's notes more often. hm

I am super nervous about my latest submission but all I can really do is cross my fingers and hope that the cgc gods are in a good mood when they get my books. :wishluck:

Maybe cause you and the people you know can't grade? My last 3 submissions I slabbed 26 books in April and May, I went 24/26 on 9.8's. CGC looks good from my house.

Congrats on pulling your Peter Panzerfausts out of your pullbox and submitting them. (worship)