• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I put my wife to work selling comics on Ebay!!

14 posts in this topic

My wife has been unemployed now for about two years. Tough market out there for an X-ray technologist. Competing against the kids coming out of college with new degrees and willing to work at entry level wages, in this day of cost cutting it is hard for a veteran technologist to get a job.

All along I had thought that teaching her about comics, how to grade, how to research the price guides and current and completed listings on Ebay, I thought she'd never be into any of that as she has never shown any interest whatsoever in comics books or my hobby, other than occasionally reading some Betty & Veronica! But she needed something to do besides putting up cat sitting and dog walking signs around the neighborhood. I've got three long boxes full of mid to high grade Uncanny X-Men comics from '80-'95 that I thought she could have and then sell and consider it a little part time job while she is sending out her resume. More valuable comics later if she gets through these.

Well... surprisingly she has shown great interest and I am proud of her for taking this project on. She has been reading through the Overstreet grading guide and price guide, studying sales on Ebay and even been doing some grading. Of course I am giving her some tips and explaining the ups and downs of the selling market to her and it has been fun for both of us.

I was just curious if any of you had brought your wives or girlfriends into the hobby to help with your selling or shipping or any of those kinds of things. And if so... did it last?

If you can get her to make you a Turkey Pot Pie on demand, and when you say "Beer Me!" , she does, I will be the first to nominate you Emperor of all men in the universe!!

Tell her to check in Canada or even more newfoundland, bet she lands a job here as an X-ray tech.

My wife has no interest in comics. I tried but she really has no interest.

My wife helps me look for books to flip. She's getting pretty good at working a long box.

...nevermind. :facepalm:

My wife helps me look for books to flip. She's getting pretty good at working a long box.

You're going to regret that when you meet her. She's a sweetheart.

You're going to regret that when you meet her. She's a sweetheart.

:ohnoez:

I buy the books, grade the books, price the books, my wife pulls orders, packs and ships the books. That's her only work, other than homemaking which is a big job also. She quit her job employment in 2000 to work as a family business I guess.