• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly Pics

46 posts in this topic

My wife and I are huge Breaking Bad fans. Gustavo was pleased to hear me tell him that the show just isn't the same without him.

philly8.jpg

Great stuff man. love the HOS. and like me, you really look like your avatar lol

Thanks for sharing your pictures and report. Oh and I don't look like my avatar ;)

And last but not in any way least is my big acquisition from the con. Thanks to Greg Reece for this beautiful book!!!

philly15.jpg

:applause:

Centering is SWEET on that HOS92. Congrats!

Awesome book!

BTW, what do people really mean when they say the centering on a book is top notch? Are there any legit examples of a book with crappy centering? Is it mostly an SA thing? I had a IH181 that a buyer skipped on because it didn't have perfect centering and to this day I have no idea what he meant.

And last but not in any way least is my big acquisition from the con. Thanks to Greg Reece for this beautiful book!!!

philly15.jpg

:applause:

Centering is SWEET on that HOS92. Congrats!

Awesome book!

BTW, what do people really mean when they say the centering on a book is top notch? Are there any legit examples of a book with crappy centering? Is it mostly an SA thing? I had a IH181 that a buyer skipped on because it didn't have perfect centering and to this day I have no idea what he meant.

He may have said centering, but meant miswrap...?

It's not uncommon for the Hulk 181 to have the white stripe down the spine, because you're seeing the back cover..

Awesome book!

I see them as two separate things. A miswrap would mean any portion of the back cover appears on the front. Centering would be if the cover is miscut. Example, would be the white stripe from a miswrap resulting in a thicker white strip at the top then at the bottom.

Congrats on the beautiful copy of HOS.

While I continue to buy slabbed upgrades for the few remaining SA titles in the collection, my thirst for box-digging is satisfied by searching for nice reader copies of picture frame Marvels. As a teenager I started reading and saving these books in the middle of the picture frame era, and concentrated on the superhero books. I've been filling in the gaps by seeking out the other genres and earlier superhero comics. Occasionally, the finds are sharp enough to slab, but most are nice copies with good page quality that aren't worth slabbing.

Here's some from the show, with covers by the likes of Adams, Steranko, John Buscema, John Severin, and of course plenty by Kane:

Astonishing12.jpg

Cap143.jpg

Creatures14.jpg

Creatures19.jpg

Those are some very sweet looking books, Bob. Nice haul.

It's partly your fault, Barton, that I got the urge to do this a few years ago. ;)

Congrats on the beautiful copy of HOS.

While I continue to buy slabbed upgrades for the few remaining SA titles in the collection, my thirst for box-digging is satisfied by searching for nice reader copies of picture frame Marvels. As a teenager I started reading and saving these books in the middle of the picture frame era, and concentrated on the superhero books. I've been filling in the gaps by seeking out the other genres and earlier superhero comics. Occasionally, the finds are sharp enough to slab, but most are nice copies with good page quality that aren't worth slabbing.

Here's some from the show, with covers by the likes of Adams, Steranko, John Buscema, John Severin, and of course plenty by Kane:

Astonishing12.jpg

Cap143.jpg

Creatures14.jpg

Creatures19.jpg

Great books Bob, love the Creatures 14

My wife and I are huge Breaking Bad fans. Gustavo was pleased to hear me tell him that the show just isn't the same without him.

philly8.jpg

Great stuff man. love the HOS. and like me, you really look like your avatar lol

Thanks for sharing your pictures and report. Oh and I don't look like my avatar ;)

That's awesome! A fantastic actor who is sorely missed on Breaking Bad.

First stop for me was Greg Reece's booth. I picked up a super sweet grail from him. Pic will be at the end of the thread.

As always Greg has a ton of nice stuff!

philly2.jpg

Never been to a show where he has set up, would love to visit his booth someday.

First stop for me was Greg Reece's booth. I picked up a super sweet grail from him. Pic will be at the end of the thread.

As always Greg has a ton of nice stuff!

philly2.jpg

Never been to a show where he has set up, would love to visit his booth someday.

He had a really sweet Brave and the Bold 28. You can sort of see it on the top row a few over from the right.

philly8.jpg

That's awesome! A fantastic actor who is sorely missed on Breaking Bad.

I just watched the Season 4 finale last night. :ohnoez:

This is Lou on the con floor. Make no mistake about it, she's not joking. That's sheer terror on her face. I tried to get her to pose for another pic and she couldn't do it. She was literally shaking and flushed.

lol

096.jpg

097.jpg