• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a positive thread to make Comics General better.
3 3

3,896 posts in this topic

I really look forward to his posts here and pictures of himself and Cowboy,who by the way,Maybelline has been asking about again,she really is crushing!

Here we are last week taking a breather after a hard day's work:

DSCN3366_zpsef8938aa.jpg

:)

I had to read this...adds and all...

442.jpg

Absolutely! A comic just isn't a comic without ads for Tootsie Roll Pops, Charles Atlas courses, Sea Monkeys, Silly Putty and 132 Roman soldiers. And I love those early Strange Tales featuring the Human Torch where he doesn't take himself too seriously to battle costumed criminals like Paste-Pot Pete.

plusone124.jpg

for you Hepcat!

Much appreciated! I see you've not yet completed your bowling pin collection though.

050-3.jpg

Oh man! From what comic is that New York Comic Co-Op stamp? What year do you think the New York Comic Co-Op opened? Can you imagine walking into a comic shop that would have all the comics from the late fifties and early sixties in stock? Not just Marvel superheroes but Atlas, DC, Charlton, Archie, DELL, Harvey and ACG? And they'd all be relatively new?

:whee:

On the same note, what year did the first comic shop in New York open? Chicago, Detroit? Does anyone remember patronizing these places back in the day?

???

Edited by Hepcat