• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a positive thread to make Comics General better.
3 3

3,896 posts in this topic

Im always pleased when Mr Mann drops in!

What a great guy!

Marty,if i was to make a drawing for you...what would you like best?

Thank you for your very kind words...anything you select would be PERFECT with me!

mm

I can always count on you!Thank you.

I cant believe I have a modern want list now!I also missed Avenging SpiderMan #9.....Got them all from the corner shop from issue one,and somehow missed that issue...grrrr

And I know,I could look it up,but I like to try and get a conversation going....im not up on modern books...loved Spider Man Noir too....yes,im a Spiderman freak...
There's only been a few Marvel titles I've followed regularly in the last ten years, ASM, Daredevil, and Fantastic Four being the main ones. I always see Dan Slott being criticized for his writing on Spidey, but I've enjoyed his books.

Marty...did you notice the SA explosion?

Pretty much missed the entire Silver Age...leaving comic books in 1954

and not getting back into collecting until the mid 70's. Do have a few that

I picked up at auctions.

mm

Edited by Marty Mann

And I know,I could look it up,but I like to try and get a conversation going....im not up on modern books...loved Spider Man Noir too....yes,im a Spiderman freak...
There's only been a few Marvel titles I've followed regularly in the last ten years, ASM, Daredevil, and Fantastic Four being the main ones. I always see Dan Slott being criticized for his writing on Spidey, but I've enjoyed his books.

Ill have to look into more of his stuff.

I stumbled upon those Spidey stories in a thrift shop,got the collected Family Ties,Brand New Day collection s and also some Ultimate trades.didnt like the UFF much,but enjoyed the Spidey and Xmen.

Ill have to look into more of his stuff.

I stumbled upon those Spidey stories in a thrift shop,got the collected Family Ties,Brand New Day collection s and also some Ultimate trades.didnt like the UFF much,but enjoyed the Spidey and Xmen.

I didn't care for UFF that much, but the Jonathan Hickman Fantastic Four and Mark Waid Daredevils are worth checking out if you like the characters. The Daredevils have a "Silver Age" flavor to them in the way they're written. It's not gritty or bleak, there's humorous elements and some clever dialogue that makes the stories fun to read.