• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a positive thread to make Comics General better.
3 3

3,896 posts in this topic

Having a VERY hard time being positive gang...really am.

RIP djLezlie,aka Leslie Hodge.....sigh,and my Nan,best guy friend,step mom...all this year past,have passed..... :cry:

And now,like a horrible movie,this morning my paternal grandmother has passed...im destroyed,done...its too much.

Sorry to hear the bad news, Jimmers. :(

I completely understand what you're going through, having experienced it myself. Have a chat with your doctor about how you're feeling, rather than trying to deal with all of that in isolation.

Thanks all.

My Grandma was an amazing woman.She grew up in Holland just outside of Rotterdam,the house still stands,we showed it to her on Google maps a few years ago...she was upset about the river that ran the watermill out back lol small and polluted now.Her and her family ,minus one murdered brother,survived having the house being occupied by the Nazis for most of the war,partly due to the fact that her father was the town baker...they were all sequestered into one room,and in winter were very grateful,summer they sweltered,as they were in the room above the ovens.They were also players in the Dutch Underground, that is how they lost her brother...he was shot for having a forbidden bicycle,one they used to relay messages...my Irish grandpa was in the Navy,and in a terribly romantic story,he took her and the entire family away from the painful memories on her fathers birthday,April 15 ,1945.

She travelled with Gramps John,I never met him,all over the world,it was a Navy brat family,before settling in Nova Scotia in the fifties...she raised most of the kids herself,as he was away in Korea,on maneuvers ect. And he was a drunken sailor....

My grandma was the most amazing woman,and there is so much more i would of liked to hear....

Rest in Peace

Anna Baxter nee Evergroen

Love you always,

Jimmers