• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a positive thread to make Comics General better.
3 3

3,896 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

Why does anyone care where anyone posts anything ever? Post 'em all and let Galactus sort 'em out, I always say.

the mods already decided it - that’s why it was moved to begin with 

i raised the concern because GMI is asking moderation to make this exception for Hepcat.

my concern is we make the exception for him whose to stop the next 30 journals requesting the same thing 

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:
4 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Why does anyone care where anyone posts anything ever? Post 'em all and let Galactus sort 'em out, I always say.

i raised the concern because GMI is asking moderation to make this exception for Hepcat.

my concern is we make the exception for him whose to stop the next 30 journals requesting the same thing 

And I'm saying the mod got it wrong. The fact is that Scott, at the time of the journals migration, agreed that existing old journals could move to other board areas. Which they did. And they are there, active today. 

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

And I'm saying the mod got it wrong. The fact is that Scott, at the time of the journals migration, agreed that existing old journals could move to other board areas. Which they did. And they are there, active today. 

:facepalm: 

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

@jsilverjanet being serious now, I do sincerely see both sides of the argument. You and Jeffro make sense, Hepcat and Co also make sense. I get it on both sides.

It's just, to me, I don't see much point in fretting about it one way or the other.

(In D&D terms, does this make me "Chaotic Neutral"? I was never a D&D guy, never had the patience.)

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Heps was a long standing thread in the silver forum,why not let it return there?As has been pointed out,there are a lot of journal type threads in gold already.I don't think some of the more loved journal style threads should be moved,do you?Hep's been on hiatus for a while,why not give him the option of having his old thread reinstated,allowed to continue as it was in the past.It's pretty enjoyable and full of fun comic stuff.

Just now, F For Fake said:

@jsilverjanet being serious now, I do sincerely see both sides of the argument. You and Jeffro make sense, Hepcat and Co also make sense. I get it on both sides.

It's just, to me, I don't see much point in fretting about it one way or the other.

(In D&D terms, does this make me "Chaotic Neutral"? I was never a D&D guy, never had the patience.)

I could care less about this journal or the next. My issue is with Get marwoods approach on this - who is he to decide when the exception should be made - heck I’m going to ping Scott and dena and move all the other “comic journals” to CG

isnt the easier option for Hepcat to adapt than make the exception. 

Just now, porcupine48 said:

Heps was a long standing thread in the silver forum,why not let it return there?As has been pointed out,there are a lot of journal type threads in gold already.I don't think some of the more loved journal style threads should be moved,do you?Hep's been on hiatus for a while,why not give him the option of having his old thread reinstated,allowed to continue as it was in the past.It's pretty enjoyable and full of fun comic stuff.

I’m ok with that. GMI wants it here. Tell GMI or better yet Scott and Dena that since he’s got the pull 

4 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:
5 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

:facepalm: 

What does that mean Hector? Why can't you just explain your position? Scott overrides Mods. He (admin) tell mods how to manage the site. He agreed - at the time - that existing journals could move to non-journal areas of the boards. That set the precedent.

The journals that have started in the new area were done so because the users chose to do so. They were not compelled by a mystic force. I could start a thread in CG with 'journal like' qualities right now. No one would bat an eyelid. 

8 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

being serious now, I do sincerely see both sides of the argument. You and Jeffro make sense, Hepcat and Co also make sense. I get it on both sides.

Chaotic Evil FOREVER! :sumo:

IDK either,I just liked the drawings in the monster manuals.

And chaotic evil sounds like Chaotic Discord who were a frigging ripping great British punk band.

Edited by porcupine48

3 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I could care less about this journal or the next. My issue is with Get marwoods approach on this - who is he to decide when the exception should be made - heck I’m going to ping Scott and dena and move all the other “comic journals” to CG

isnt the easier option for Hepcat to adapt than make the exception. 

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I’m ok with that. GMI wants it here. Tell GMI or better yet Scott and Dena that since he’s got the pull 

And there it is. That is the real reason for your intervention. Nothing to do with Hepcat, you just don't like to see someone taking the lead on something. In this case, me.

The part you miss, is where I invite Scott and Dena to agree with my request. They can take whatever action they see fit, once they have assessed what has been said by all. They may agree with you, Hector.