• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Writing inside?

9 posts in this topic

I have a Silver Age Marvel book that is 9.4/9.6ish but some kid decided to check off 8 books on the "Mighty Marvel Ckecklist."

I've submitted a book before that had a word written on an inside page and it didn't seem to affect the grade. Will the checkmarks on the checklist hurt the CGC grade?

Does anyone have experience with this?

Someone asked about signatures on the first page in the Ask CGC Forum.

This response was from Gemma:

"It would not matter who had signed the book, but signatures on the first page are nominally factored into the grade so they can prevent the book from getting the top grade. Therefore if more signatures are present, or if the signature(s) are large in size, they will affect the book's grade more"

Maybe that is more or less the practice for your question Dice?

Someone asked about signatures on the first page in the Ask CGC Forum.

This response was from Gemma:

"It would not matter who had signed the book, but signatures on the first page are nominally factored into the grade so they can prevent the book from getting the top grade. Therefore if more signatures are present, or if the signature(s) are large in size, they will affect the book's grade more"

Maybe that is more or less the practice for your question Dice?

I was the one who asked that question, and I'm sure based on what they said, it would have at least a little impact on the grade.

I have a Silver Age Marvel book that is 9.4/9.6ish but some kid decided to check off 8 books on the "Mighty Marvel Ckecklist."

I've submitted a book before that had a word written on an inside page and it didn't seem to affect the grade. Will the checkmarks on the checklist hurt the CGC grade?

The graders might miss this.