• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick question... has a sales thread ever been locked?!

339 posts in this topic

I'm guessing that it's being thrown out because A) they are paperbacks and B) they are prurient in nature (including a naked GILF playing strip poker).

Phantom Lady 17?

Adam Hughes sketches?

Mens adventure mags?

Playboys?

Try and sell some of that stuff. See if they smoke you again.

Sell me the Phantom Lady 17

Sell seanfingh the Adam Hughes sketches

Sell liaton9000 the Mens adventure mags

Sell oakman29 the Playboys

And sell me your Steranko's.

Stedenko?

Stedenko.gif

They just locked up *paull* in the mixed sales...

He's not happy.

That summarizes the situation well!

Hopefully other people are not pleased, because it's me now, but could be you later.

[facetious] You better believe I'm going to keep this in mind if I ever have any S & M paperbacks to sell for no commission! [/facetious]

:)

I'm guessing that it's being thrown out because A) they are paperbacks and B) they are prurient in nature (including a naked GILF playing strip poker).

Phantom Lady 17?

Adam Hughes sketches?

Mens adventure mags?

Playboys?

Try and sell some of that stuff. See if they smoke you again.

Sell me the Phantom Lady 17

Sell seanfingh the Adam Hughes sketches

Sell liaton9000 the Mens adventure mags

Sell oakman29 the Playboys

And sell me your Steranko's.

Steranko I can sell.... until I post issues of Prevue, that is :)

He's not happy.

Hopefully other people are not pleased, because it's me now, but could be you later.

You better believe I'm going to keep this in mind if I ever have any S & M paperbacks to sell for no commission!

Or pre-code comics that some overly-sensitive fool doesn't like.

I've heard they are hiring Fredric Wertham to moderate.

As long as the material is in a comic book, it seems to be acceptable:

An eye plus a hot poker

Men being burned with clothes irons

Severed tongues

A woman being flayed alive

He's not happy.

You better believe I'm going to keep this in mind if I ever have any S & M paperbacks to sell for no commission!

I've never seen a pre-code comic thread shut down. But I have seen an S & M paperback thread shut down, twice.

What was it someone said about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

He's not happy.

I've never seen a pre-code comic thread shut down. But I have seen an S & M paperback thread shut down, twice.

What was it someone said about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

Nice try, but it was a different book that was pulled this time. Look at the first page of this thread.

An eye plus a hot poker

Severed tongues

It's a comic book selling forum :shrug:

You keep mentioning Playboys, but isn't CGC slabbing those now?

He's not happy.

Nice try, but it was a different book that was pulled this time. Look at the first page of this thread.

I'm not "trying" anything. If I were in charge, I would let you sell that stuff. But I'm not, CGC is. And they clearly don't like you selling that stuff on their website. I also hope you keep on putting that stuff up, because it will only get funnier from here.

An eye plus a hot poker

Severed tongues

It's a comic book selling forum :shrug:

You keep mentioning Playboys, but isn't CGC slabbing those now?

Are video games comic books? Look at the Misc forum sales threads subjects.

This thread was not shut down because it was non-CGCable material. The book in question was a book on circus sideshows and someone objected to it for some unknown reason.

He's not happy.

I'm going to sleep, lol..and let you all work this out...but Sean's point is valid. You posted the book..and as I mentioned before, I am pretty sure there were links. Not my kind of stuff, so I'm not sure what those links showed. My guess would be the links were the issue, since the cover does not show much The book was removed and you posted it again. They took it down again. That's what happened last time. They removed books, you reposted them, or re-posted them. I think a few times, right? :shrug:

Someone suggested pming Arch or Mod0, sounded like great advice:)

Night! and life is too short to get upset :foryou:

He's not happy.

I'm not "trying" anything. If I were in charge, I would let you sell that stuff. But I'm not, CGC is. And they clearly don't like you selling that stuff on their website. I also hope you keep on putting that stuff up, because it will only get funnier from here.

Funny and point possibilities :-)

He's not happy.

If the rules were applied evenly and fairly, and with explanation, I wouldn't have such a big problem with it.

As for me continuing to post sales threads, I'm not easily dissuaded.

I have a half eaten box of Twinkies I'm going to sell in the GA forum.

:takeit: pending scan

I'll trade it for a 9.9 New Mutants 98 and a copy of Beavers Behind Bars. :takeit: