• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,253 posts in this topic

So, I finally finished my 3-comic run of pre-code horror comics with William Ekgren covers. These are the only things this mysterious 1950s artist ever did in the comic-book industry: Strange Terrors #4, Weird Horrors #6, and Weird Horrors #7. To build this little collection, I had to settle for low-grade copies, because the higher-grade copies ain't cheap!

ekgren-comics1.jpg

Ekgren makes Matt Fox look positively mainstream
:roflmao:

I love 'em both, great books! :applause:

Grats on that one. Love that HOF. I usually check Comiclink pretty frequently but somehow missed a few days around when that one when it was posted. Saw it after you already grabbed it. There were a few other ECs posted the same day that looked really nice. Unfortunately, all the ones I really liked/needed were gone by the time I realized they were there. Think you got the best of the bunch though. Beautiful book.

So, I finally finished my 3-comic run of pre-code horror comics with William Ekgren covers. These are the only things this mysterious 1950s artist ever did in the comic-book industry: Strange Terrors #4, Weird Horrors #6, and Weird Horrors #7. To build this little collection, I had to settle for low-grade copies, because the higher-grade copies ain't cheap!

Great set!! :headbang:

These are probably my first loves, followed by Tecs and Bats, but I've managed to keep the majority of horror books, especially love the ECs.

Surprised this thread doesn't stay more active but maybe it'll kick up a little.

1953.jpg

One more for the night

war11.jpg

Wicked!

Im so poor im gonna have to start selling plasma
You'll replace it. (shrug)

Great book -- looks like an attractive copy! :headbang: