• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,238 posts in this topic

Hey... ! Turns out I have a copy of this gem, too.

I bought it late last fall and had it shipped to my uncle's in the States... he still has it! I forgot all about it.

CRIME17.jpg

Cool! It's always great to rediscover a book you already own! :applause:

I remember as a kid thinking that the arm with the gun belonged to someone else "off panel" as the cuff and shirt looked darker.

It was only later after I saw a larger pic that I noticed the reflection in the mirror! Great cover! (thumbs u

I remember as a kid thinking that the arm with the gun belonged to someone else "off panel" as the cuff and shirt looked darker.

It was only later after I saw a larger pic that I noticed the reflection in the mirror! Great cover! (thumbs u

I think Marie Severin thought the same thing and colored it that way :)

I think Marie Severin thought the same thing and colored it that way :)

:gossip: It's much darker because it is cast in a heavy shadow from the blast on the opposite side.

Considering the *SPOON* coloring that we get in modern reprints, I'd much rather have a bound volume of originals. I wish all publishers would scan actual pages instead of re-coloring them.

Untrimmed right? Sweet collection. I wonder if in this era of endless hardbound archive reprints if bound originals have gained appeal in the last decade?

Yes, the Cochran BVs are all untrimmed. This was a sweet score - photos don't do any justice to it. These are some bright, glossy comics!

Considering the *SPOON* coloring that we get in modern reprints, I'd much rather have a bound volume of originals. I wish all publishers would scan actual pages instead of re-coloring them.

Amen! - I would buy a lot more collections if they did - one of the things I really liked about the PlasticMan book Art Spiegelman & Chipp Kidd put out.

I had other targets in mind in pre-code horror books when I first saw these. Seeing them up close made me realize that I had to have them for my collection.

I have to say it is great to see yet another precode horror collector here! We are slowly gaining in world dominion!

Have you seen my pre-code horror checklist? It is my take on all of the precode horror books including title, publisher, issue numbers, dates and some notes. You can open it in your browser (it is in CSV format), copy it and paste it right into a spreadsheet. Hope you think it is useful. Was fun to com;pile and I opcassionally update it. If you see something that should be added or removed please let me know!

Precode Horror Checklist

can someone help me get this check list opened, I cant for some reason

Untrimmed right? Sweet collection. I wonder if in this era of endless hardbound archive reprints if bound originals have gained appeal in the last decade?

Yes, the Cochran BVs are all untrimmed. This was a sweet score - photos don't do any justice to it. These are some bright, glossy comics!

Thats really cool Mio...

A recent ebay pickup - a solid VG with ow pages for only $66 shipped! This will go nicely with my #20 and #22. What I really like is the little detail of the guys brains blowing out the back of his head in the mirror as well as at the top.

Notice the diagonal lines in the mirror are going the same direction as the gun blast/brain matter. I suspect this was the artist's way of creating "plausible deniability" in case anybody was offended by the depiction. He could say, "Oh, that's part of the mirror."

Got this the other day from 143ksk....my journey into GA is becoming somewhat of a trend now. I'm starting to sell off all my Bronze heroes to buy GA Sci/Fi & Horror Comics & Pulps.

I'm screwed.

I know you all have probably seen this a ton of times, but I :cloud9: it!

StartlingTerror11.jpg

Got this the other day from 143ksk....my journey into GA is becoming somewhat of a trend now. I'm starting to sell off all my Bronze heroes to buy GA Sci/Fi & Horror Comics & Pulps.

One of the classics! (thumbs u