• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,284 posts in this topic

It is amazing. This guy was very famous, same dude on the cover of CSS 6 and hanging around again in Vault of Horror 37. seems like there's another i'm missing with him

Yes indeed here he is hanging around again....

VaultOfHorror37CGC94owwGaines.jpg

Outstanding composition by Craig! For some reason that always reminds of the entrance room at Disney's Haunted Mansion.

OMG! This will forever make me think that when I go now...

It is amazing. This guy was very famous, same dude on the cover of CSS 6 and hanging around again in Vault of Horror 37. seems like there's another i'm missing with him

Outstanding composition by Craig! For some reason that always reminds of the entrance room at Disney's Haunted Mansion.

OMG! This will forever make me think that when I go now...

Yes! That is what that reminds me of too. The stretching room from the Haunted Mansion! I'm ashamed, as an Orlando resident, that I never picked up on that. Nice observation!

Edited by Darth Corgi

great call on the Haunted manison, I always thought of that too! And yeas, one of his best compositions. :applause:

I cant believe I own one of these! It was cosmic conincidence.

IMG_0001-13.jpg

Nice copy! What was the cosmic coincidence?

I had the same feeling when I bought my BC 50. I'd wanted one for so long, and the cover is so iconic, that I just sat there a little stunned when it arrived.

Never noticed that before, but spot on. I will be at the Haunted Mansion this weekend, and I am sure I will think of that cover when I am in the entrance hall.

IMG_0001-13.jpg

I had the same feeling when I bought my BC 50. I'd wanted one for so long, and the cover is so iconic, that I just sat there a little stunned when it arrived.

I had money (1st part of the coincidence)and a comic shop in SF just got this collection in (2nd part, as there aren't really much GA or SA in shops here), which I was first to look at. I bought these 3 books and soon a dealer bought the other 50+ books that he had. Just the nick of time I suppose.

IMG_0001-13.jpg

I had money (1st part of the coincidence)and a comic shop in SF just got this collection in (2nd part, as there aren't really much GA or SA in shops here), which I was first to look at. I bought these 3 books and soon a dealer bought the other 50+ books that he had. Just the nick of time I suppose.

You get a good price on it?

I have never really collected pre-code horror but just liked the pastel colors on this cover.

Ken

haunted12.jpg

That's got the origin story for Fawcett's host, Dr Death! :applause:

Never noticed that before, but spot on. I will be at the Haunted Mansion this weekend, and I am sure I will think of that cover when I am in the entrance hall.

Bring a copy and share it with your fellow guests! :idea:

one genre I am starting to collect, is skull covers... but I guess I will have to eliminate "pre code", since so many have some great skulls!