• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,257 posts in this topic

Wow, never seen that Jumbo before. So cool that there are still so many books you can stumble on and say "WTF is this!?" Really gives one even greater respect for the whole Gerber project.

Nice pickup! thumbsup2.gif

Here's a book that I picked up at the Philadelphia show... I've been wanting this one to add to my severed head cover collection. confused.gif This Magazine is Haunted #10 in VG.

883141-ThisMagazineisHaunted10.jpg

883141-ThisMagazineisHaunted10.jpg.6ca10a8cedcdfae01d41bcd91591bd78.jpg

Edited by paull

Here's a book that I picked up at the Philadelphia show... I've been wanting this one to add to my severed head cover collection. confused.gif This Magazine is Haunted #10 in VG.

Very cool! 893whatthe.gif

Even with a double cover, it's hard for me to get too excited about that book in HG. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not that I wouldn't mind owning one, but I'd rather put the c-notes towards tougher books.

My 9.2 OW (deslabbed) is one of the prizes of my collection and one of my favorite precode books. Absolutley love the cover and the story The Gossips is a real classic. Sure, relatively speaking, it is not hard to find. But it is, to me, an inherently desireable book with many positive qualities. And a nice VF can be had for a very reasonable price. I say pick one up. If you've not read the book it is a treat.

thing16.jpg

Not so recent. Got this in April. Another example of Horror influencing other more "straight" titles.

896342-KenShannon3s.jpg

That's a very cool zombie cover!

I like the cross-over stuff -- especially when you add a horror theme where it is unexpected. I have a couple Westerns from that time period with good "devil" stories (the covers are really plain).

I like the cross-over stuff -- especially when you add a horror theme where it is unexpected.

It is oine of the great things about the GA forum here. I have been exposed to a lot of horror crossover books I would not have known about. Everything from Daredevil to Plastic Man to, well, Ken Shannon smile.gif and a lot more. Sometimes the horror seems even more horror-ble when it is out of context like this!

I like the cross-over stuff -- especially when you add a horror theme where it is unexpected.

It is oine of the great things about the GA forum here. I have been exposed to a lot of horror crossover books I would not have known about. Everything from Daredevil to Plastic Man to, well, Ken Shannon smile.gif and a lot more. Sometimes the horror seems even more horror-ble when it is out of context like this!

or well ... Airboy as in Airboy meets the Crabmen of Paris 893whatthe.gif

900116-AirboyCrabs.jpg

900116-AirboyCrabs.jpg.8458b732b7316a9e1fc3c6ef8dcd5bbb.jpg

or well ... Airboy as in Airboy meets the Crabmen of Paris 893whatthe.gif

900116-AirboyCrabs.jpg

I would imagine alot of the men in paris have crabs...

This is at the request of RHG who saw this many years ago.

During the 50s, some companies jumped on the 3D bandwagon but wanted to do it without requiring the glasses. These ACG comics have interior pages with black ink printed on the borders with the images coming out of the panels like you see on the covers. I'm waiting for CGC to grade one so that they can have "Black Pages" noted on the cover! 27_laughing.gif

Although ACG is known for tame (lame?) horror stories, these are quite enjoyable and are very striking to look at. Getting them in grade is difficult because of how easily the inks flakes off of the cover. This is the WM copy from Overstreet's collection, so it's about as white (or black?) as they come.

901357-AdvUnk51.jpg

901357-AdvUnk51.jpg.c629b144fffcf0692202299e1090d5b0.jpg