• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,263 posts in this topic

My first Bethlehem with added mummy goodness:

Mystic22.jpg

And my first Northford with crunchy evil chinese goodness and opium sprinkles:

WOE17.jpg

Nice Peds! hail.gif

That Mummy's pretty buff for being a couple of thousand years old though... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My first Bethlehem with added mummy goodness:

I love this issue. Inside, Maneely direw wicked riff on the mummy theme that's funny and horrifying at the same time.

Hey gang! I'm trying to compile a "Top 10" list of pre code horror books that I'd like put on my future want list. I guess I'd like to get recommendations on:

[*]Classic covers

[*]Goriest stories/art

[*]Artist preferences

Right now, I've added Tomb of Terror #12, Tomb of Terror #15, Tomb of Terror #16, and Black Cat Mystery #50, and Chamber of Chills #23 and #24. Maybe on Mister Mystery #12. ECs need not apply, as I'm already sold on their content/quality (but not collecting).

As you can tell, I'm going for the classic/gore covers right now. Nothing like decomposing rotting flesh in various shades of colors that only a golden age book can bring. cloud9.gif

Hey gang! I'm trying to compile a "Top 10" list of pre code horror books that I'd like put on my future want list. I guess I'd like to get recommendations on:

[*]Classic covers

[*]Goriest stories/art

[*]Artist preferences

Right now, I've added Tomb of Terror #12, Tomb of Terror #15, Tomb of Terror #16, and Black Cat Mystery #50, and Chamber of Chills #23 and #24. Maybe on Mister Mystery #12. ECs need not apply, as I'm already sold on their content/quality (but not collecting).

As you can tell, I'm going for the classic/gore covers right now. Nothing like decomposing rotting flesh in various shades of colors that only a golden age book can bring. cloud9.gif

Do you have a Gerber Guide?

If so, go through all the titles that start with "Weird" -- some great issues.

Oh *spoon*..looks like my list is going to expand! tongue.gif

Tomb of Terror #12, 15, 16

Journey into Mystery #7

Black Cat Mystery #50

Chamber of Chills #23, #24

Mister Mystery #12

Weird Mysteries #12

Thing #7

Worlds of Fear #9

Dark Mysteries #13 (I gotta see how *spoon* up this is)

Underworld Crime #7

Some of the best books in my mind that aren't on your list already...

Thing #7 - insane & horrifying

Unknown World #1 - AMAZING Saunders painted cover, and the interiors are mind blowing too

Beware #10 - Frazetta's only horror cover

Thing #12 - 1st Ditko cover, and a really well colroed one at that

Worlds of Fear #9 - Classic Drowning cover - its the purple around the eyes that kills me

Worlds of Fear #10 - Eyes, Eyes everywhere! Except in the man's head....

Sterling... you are in trouble!

yay.gif

Ok...12 books on the list...any others that are "must haves?"

I might weed down on the Tomb of Terror and COC issues as I just want a smathering across multiple publishers/titles...an appetizer if you will on the doom and despair that bleeds red in the place we call...The Pre Code Zone.