• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,270 posts in this topic

Both great pickups!

Especially love that 7 for that Creature from the Black Lagoon vibe! :applause:

I especially love the 8 because it's red. :cloud9:

Another new pick up.

1f126cf1396289f7cc9ba8514461447772a67cf7.jpg

I think this cover is pretty classic (and fun)...

my take: he shot the girl, hence his shock, and the monster grinning at him for his lousy aim.

I've wanted the first issue of Adventures Into Terror for some time now, and finally bit the bullet and paid the price for a sorta decent reader copy. I also enjoy the stories in the early Marvel Tales issues;

fwhvkw.jpg

fxas1c.jpg

The AIT has something that I've never seen before in a comic book; a Library of Congress stamp. Has anyone encountered this in other comic books?

20zxsv6.jpg

Those early Marvel Tales are usually a little tame for me content wise. Ijust picked up #103 to finish the run. I read it last night and it was a little "marginal". The later issues get a little "grittier" if you know what I mean.

I do have one pre-code horror book with that stamp as well. I believe it is a Fawcett horror book. Don't see many though.

The AIT has something that I've never seen before in a comic book; a Library of Congress stamp. Has anyone encountered this in other comic books?

20zxsv6.jpg

My Frisky Fables 1 has it on the cover.

FriskyFables1.jpg

In order to properly register a copyright it used to be a requirement to send a copy to Washington where they ended up at LoC. Many of the comics made their from the LoC in the 60s into the hands of collectors. In later decades, the LoC de-accessioned comics and other items.

My Frisky Fables 1 has it on the cover.

FriskyFables1.jpg

Nifty little cover -- taking a leaf from the cover of Walt Disney Comics & Stories #1.