• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,257 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, BOOT said:

I feel like Rip van Winkle. Was I asleep? Make Pre-code Horror Prices Great Again!

No doubt! A recent example here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Startling-Terror-Tales-Golden-Age-Comic-Book-No-11-July-1952-/132269138061?redirect=mobile&nma=true&si=vd2wAJtQFbTWd8J6AOiGsoGCevk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Glad I got mine early

4 hours ago, BOOT said:

I feel like Rip van Winkle. Was I asleep? Make Pre-code Horror Prices Great Again!

Me too. Just Wow, the keys just keep on hitting the roof. Goes to show you, jump all over any of these with a decent cover. I remember when Chamber of Chills was pretty much a dead title. Now many in that run are going for nosebleed prices. Glad I pretty much completed my PCH collection when I did...?

4 hours ago, retrocomics said:

It is a trend I have been noticing for about 2 years now. Prices running up on classic GA covers.

My copy:

Startling Terror 11 7.0.jpg

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Me too. Just Wow, the keys just keep on hitting the roof. Goes to show you, jump all over any of these with a decent cover. I remember when Chamber of Chills was pretty much a dead title. Now many in that run are going for nosebleed prices. Glad I pretty much completed my PCH collection when I did...?

The Chamber of Chills books are another great example of the run up. I paid $200 for a Chamber of Chills 23 in April 2015 that was about a 5.0. Now that is a $1500 (??) book.

ChamberofChills23_zpse5bfcad6.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

On 7/21/2017 at 6:55 PM, N e r V said:

A pick up today from Bedrock City at SDCC.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.3746e0c67f677de65d7128ea1743f02e.jpg

I actually held it in my hands for 5 minutes before dropping it off at CGC for grading. :frown:

A cover I've long admired and wanted though so I'm happy even though I have to wait a while to get it back....

How did I miss this post? Great to see you there, thanks, and please let me know how the grade matches up.