• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, bounty_coder said:

Here is another fun one that I dig quite a bit.  Love the "outdistanced death" concept.

7E80981B-FEB3-4AC3-A420-9DC91C3BA62F.jpg

This cover always reminds me of the epigraph for John O'Hara's Appointment in Samarra:

A merchant in Baghdad sends his servant to the marketplace for provisions. Soon afterwards, the servant comes home white and trembling and tells him that in the marketplace he was jostled by a woman, whom he recognized as Death, and she made a threatening gesture. Borrowing the merchant's horse, he flees at great speed to Samarra, a distance of about 75 miles (125 km), where he believes Death will not find him. The merchant then goes to the marketplace and finds Death, and asks why she made the threatening gesture. She replies, "That was not a threatening gesture, it was only a start of surprise. I was astonished to see him in Baghdad, for I had an appointment with him tonight in Samarra."

21 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

Become the proud owner of this Ghost #1 awhile ago, but just getting time to take pictures of more books and share.

I'm a sucker for purples on the covers...love the perspective as well.

1A926CEB-EFFB-4C98-A53B-5B942C9C5E3C.jpg

Vibrant colors on that copy. 

On 7/13/2017 at 3:16 PM, bounty_coder said:

Here is another fun one that I dig quite a bit.  Love the "outdistanced death" concept.

7E80981B-FEB3-4AC3-A420-9DC91C3BA62F.jpg

On 7/13/2017 at 4:31 PM, bronze johnny said:

This cover always reminds me of the epigraph for John O'Hara's Appointment in Samarra:

A merchant in Baghdad sends his servant to the marketplace for provisions. Soon afterwards, the servant comes home white and trembling and tells him that in the marketplace he was jostled by a woman, whom he recognized as Death, and she made a threatening gesture. Borrowing the merchant's horse, he flees at great speed to Samarra, a distance of about 75 miles (125 km), where he believes Death will not find him. The merchant then goes to the marketplace and finds Death, and asks why she made the threatening gesture. She replies, "That was not a threatening gesture, it was only a start of surprise. I was astonished to see him in Baghdad, for I had an appointment with him tonight in Samarra."

Funny it probably is far removed from it but my first thought was Logan's Run.

He could just as easily be saying "Run Runner!".

Cool cover in any case.

3 hours ago, Okeydoke said:

Blue Bolt Weird Tales of Terror #115. Nice L.B. Cole cover. Picked this up yesterday. Wish it was a little nicer, but it isn't too bad.

20170716_234137.jpg

Me likey! :headbang: