• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,239 posts in this topic

Speaking of Dark Mysteries.. I was thinking lately .. I have NEVER seen the witch burning cover copy for sale, anyone have one? Not in 10 years!

Knockout copy of #13 - classic cover and classic story (worship) I will second "Horror of the Mixed Torsos" as a primo example of how demented non-EC horror can get.

As for #10 - the witch burning cover - I picked up a VG copy on ebay maybe 7 or 8 years ago for around guide. It was the third copy I'd bid on over about a years time, but the first one I'd won, so it wasn't always hard to find - but I haven't looked for a copy since.

And one of my all-time FAVORITE precode issues! The cover is wonderful, but two of the stories inside are GREAT! With "The Horror of Mixed Torsos" being a "Have to see it to believe it" classic! Smokingly nice copy too!

Aside from the story (got to look it up in TTTT), what colors on that book :o:applause: :applause:

This has one of Lou Cameron's BEST drawn stories inside. It was posted on "The Horrors of it all" blog recently if you want to take a look.

2554770423_4e2a0280bf_o.jpg

Really like the colors and lighting effects on this one!

The ghoul calling the guy a ghoul is a bit strange, I'd bet the next scene would be the guy putting that pick-axe through the zombie's head!

(that would be my move anyway! :grin: )

I have been too busy to post much lately, but here are my 4 most recent precodes.

I always thought this had a goofy cover (Technically World's of Fear #1),

Didn't know that! (thumbs u

so I avoided it. I picked this up in a trade because it was a nice copy, and found not only a beautiful Powell story inside, but a KILLER Bailey as well.

2555596724_3e49b634ff_o.jpg

This cover always reminded me of the Morlocks from HG Wells The Time Machine.

The ghoul calling the guy a ghoul is a bit strange, I'd bet the next scene would be the guy putting that pick-axe through the zombie's head!

(that would be my move anyway! :grin: )

Nah, not really once you remember that ghoul has 3 meanings (thumbs u

ghoul – noun

1. an evil demon, originally of Oriental legend, supposed to feed on human beings, and especially to rob graves, prey on corpses, etc.

2. someone who takes bodies from graves and sells them for anatomical dissection [syn: graverobber].

3. One who delights in the revolting, morbid, or loathsome.

I have been too busy to post much lately, but here are my 4 most recent precodes.

I always thought this had a goofy cover (Technically World's of Fear #1),

Didn't know that! (thumbs u

so I avoided it. I picked this up in a trade because it was a nice copy, and found not only a beautiful Powell story inside, but a KILLER Bailey as well.

2555596724_3e49b634ff_o.jpg

This cover always reminded me of the Morlocks from HG Wells The Time Machine.

yeah, like the sunburned grandfathers of the morlocks!

Speaking of Dark Mysteries.. I was thinking lately .. I have NEVER seen the witch burning cover copy for sale, anyone have one? Not in 10 years!

Knockout copy of #13 - classic cover and classic story (worship) I will second "Horror of the Mixed Torsos" as a primo example of how demented non-EC horror can get.

As for #10 - the witch burning cover - I picked up a VG copy on ebay maybe 7 or 8 years ago for around guide. It was the third copy I'd bid on over about a years time, but the first one I'd won, so it wasn't always hard to find - but I haven't looked for a copy since.

Thanks Everyone! And thanks for the info on #10 (thumbs u

A few more that arrived from Sharon (skypinkblu). :)

Adventures into Terror #29

adventuresintoterror29qv3.jpg

Journey into Unknown Worlds #29

journeyintounknownworldul0.jpg

Mystic #33

mystic33fh6.jpg

Planet Comics #54

planetcomics54pa2.jpg

Weird Science #22

weirdscience22fb3.jpg

Terrifying Tales #13

terrifyingtales13mm7.jpg

A few more that arrived from Sharon (skypinkblu). :)

Adventures into Terror #29

adventuresintoterror29qv3.jpg

Journey into Unknown Worlds #29

journeyintounknownworldul0.jpg

Mystic #33

mystic33fh6.jpg

Planet Comics #54

planetcomics54pa2.jpg

Weird Science #22

weirdscience22fb3.jpg

Terrifying Tales #13

terrifyingtales13mm7.jpg

there's something to be said for not worrying about reading your GA funny books....congrats..............Nice Haul.

Gotta love Sharon... :cloud9: