• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Im not sure if this qualifies, but the cover scared the **** out of me.

002-1.jpg

Bloody paratrooper?

Is it on The List?

Jack

lol

wonder if he has seen that one.

not sure if that's a paratrooper or a spaceman with a backpack. But just bought one last week.

Not a particularly gruesome horror cover but I think Ditko really captures that moment of terror on the lady's face.

That alone makes it a classic, not to mention at a quick glance there seems to be all sorts of pre-code nastiness inside!

StrangeSuspenseStories18.jpg

With the sweat beads, wide eyes and all, she wouldn't be out of place in a manga book!

Cool book.

Jack

Not a particularly gruesome horror cover but I think Ditko really captures that moment of terror on the lady's face.

That alone makes it a classic, not to mention at a quick glance there seems to be all sorts of pre-code nastiness inside!

Sweet book, Jay! Ditko :cloud9:

Thanks Angelo!

Speaking of capturing expressions, this next book is an uderrated gem IMHO.

Everett captures such a look of utter fear and hoplessness on that miner's face. While depicting such menace in the creatures stare.

The miner looks sturdy and strong along with holding a pickaxe but seems to be frozen with fear.

The mining car full of trophey skulls with the lighted hard hats just makes this cover go over the top on quality for me.

Everett at his best! (thumbs u

MarvelTales111.jpg

MarvelTales111pic.jpg

Thanks Angelo!

Speaking of capturing expressions, this next book is an uderrated gem IMHO.

Everett captures such a look of utter fear and hoplessness on that miner's face. While depicting such menace in the creatures stare.

The miner looks sturdy and strong along with holding a pickaxe but seems to be frozen with fear.

The mining car full of trophey skulls with the lighted hard hats just makes this cover go over the top on quality for me.

Everett at his best! (thumbs u

MarvelTales111.jpg

MarvelTales111pic.jpg

Nice! a book I always skipped over without paying much attention to the finer points.

Sweet book, Jay! Ditko :cloud9:

I love the way her purple eyeshadow matches the dead tree. Pre-code Ditko :cloud9:

Nothing scarier than a hanging man with boney ankles! :o Nice book! (thumbs u

Well since I had to return my JiF #12, I eased my pain and purchased this from Wrightson Fan. Thanks Scott!

JourneyIntoFear13.jpg

Nothing scarier than a hanging man with boney ankles! :o Nice book! (thumbs u

Well since I had to return my JiF #12, I eased my pain and purchased this from Wrightson Fan. Thanks Scott!

JourneyIntoFear13.jpg

AWESOME. I love graveyards, coffins and Matthew Kirscht's black cats.