• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Love this cover for some reason, maybe it's the only one in the run that doesn't have a black background?

That orange is very striking -- especially when compared to the dark colors that Standard used for the horror covers. :applause:

Love this cover for some reason, maybe it's the only one in the run that doesn't have a black background?

That orange is very striking -- especially when compared to the dark colors that Standard used for the horror covers. :applause:

all it needs is a little Gator blue (thumbs u

Always a treat to find a PCH "In the Wild", especially when it's on your top 10 wants! I found this while on vacation in Portland this past weekend...

2527776041_eef15fd618_o.jpg

Awesome find, Matt. A very cool book. :)

I can't beat a Matt Fox cover but this just showed up at my door today!

Love this cover for some reason, maybe it's the only one in the run that doesn't have a black background? Maybe it's that corpse waiter? Or maybe it's because that redhead's a deadhead! :insane:

TheUnseen14.jpg

Some neat interior art too, this panal from the last stort "The Skeleton's Gibbit" was nicely drawn.

59109-Unseen14art.jpg

Very cool book. I like it how the guy's date has eyes but the waiter in the background has dark hollow eyes. With the hollow eyes it makes it spookier. I wonder why they didn't do that to his date also? :)

I'll add a couple that came recently from october (Andy). :)

I love the cover to the Voodoo. The vibrant greens of the skulls and the bright red-orange dress really draw your eyes. I bet this book was hard to resist on the news stand. :)

And who can resist a cover with a shrunken head being preserved? :)

Thanks again, Andy.

Men's Adventures #25

mensadventures25zn1.jpg

Voodoo #7

voodoo7ls3.jpg

Great covers, Coinaddict but the interior story in Voodoo 7 is killer.

Got a 17 to go with my recent 18 purchase...

mystic17.jpg

Nice book! :applause:

"Behold the Vampire!" - I always get a kick out of seeing obvious Stan Lee story titles on old pre-code Atlas books.

Not a recent purchase, but a good place to post this I guess.

The copy of Weird Mysteries number 4 on ebay got me to wondering about past sales of this comic. I took a look at the Heritage past auction results...here is what I found.

a CGC Fine plus for $604 in Aug. 2002

unslabbed VGminus for $247 in Aug. 2004

unslabbed VFminus for $1912 in Sept. 2006

unslabbed VG-FN for $568 in May 2007

Metropolis has a Not Yet Processed VF-NM that I imagine they would want at least $5,ooo for.

The ebay copy , that is currently up for auction with ONE day remaining is listed as a SOLID VG and is currently going for $820.

I wish I owned a copy. I've read that it's more elusive than the classic MONKEY BRAINS cover to number 5.

Here is a pic of the copy that is on ebay.

ccdc_1.jpg

It looks like it's centered nicely. Some of the copies I've seen have a miscut on the right edge, usually cutting off part of the "NO. 4" on the bottom right cover.

GREAT COVER...cool blood red sky

Not a recent purchase, but a good place to post this I guess.

The copy of Weird Mysteries number 4 on ebay got me to wondering about past sales of this comic. I took a look at the Heritage past auction results...here is what I found.

a CGC Fine plus for $604 in Aug. 2002

unslabbed VGminus for $247 in Aug. 2004

unslabbed VFminus for $1912 in Sept. 2006

unslabbed VG-FN for $568 in May 2007

Metropolis has a Not Yet Processed VF-NM that I imagine they would want at least $5,ooo for.

The ebay copy , that is currently up for auction with ONE day remaining is listed as a SOLID VG and is currently going for $820.

I wish I owned a copy. I've read that it's more elusive than the classic MONKEY BRAINS cover to number 5.

Here is a pic of the copy that is on ebay.

ccdc_1.jpg

It looks like it's centered nicely. Some of the copies I've seen have a miscut on the right edge, usually cutting off part of the "NO. 4" on the bottom right cover.

GREAT COVER...cool blood red sky

Yeah that guy's collection on Ebay is killing me!!! :frustrated: Plus the car is nice too!

That's an impressive price - I wonder if bidders are seeing FN when they look at that pix.

It often seems that accurate grade + photo does better on ebay than accurate grade + scan with defects more visible. Despite the reverse being more likely - there's always the hope that an ebay seller has undergraded (it does happen - but rarely).

Yes, Weird Mysteries #4 is a very tough book, and it's less common than #5. It took me quite a while to find a #4 in any condition, even with it being at the top of my want list.

I had to save all my pennies for this one, but it was worth it. I figured I won't get many shots at the WM copy of what may be Heath's finest horror cover.

I'm going to try to set a record for time from receipt to cracking of slab.

59437-spellbound3wm.jpg.9d16bfdbb5b08f3d6402d2ea5979fd73.jpg