• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,236 posts in this topic

I stayed up WAY past my bedtime and STILL got outbid on the Weist Phantom Stranger run ( 2-6).Que sera' sera'....I've been outbid more often than not...but then,lo and behold,to what do my wandering eyes perceive...but a mid grade copy of Menace # 1 with a buy it now on eBay.I don't have it yet but I was too excited to wait on posting.The writing that is on the back cover is probably what put it in my realm of possibility.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

menace1.jpg

cool looking book

I stayed up WAY past my bedtime and STILL got outbid on the Weist Phantom Stranger run ( 2-6).Que sera' sera'....I've been outbid more often than not...but then,lo and behold,to what do my wandering eyes perceive...but a mid grade copy of Menace # 1 with a buy it now on eBay.I don't have it yet but I was too excited to wait on posting.The writing that is on the back cover is probably what put it in my realm of possibility.GOD BLESS...

menace1.jpg

Very nice grab there Jimbo....nice indeed.

Say...is that Cheney's West Virginia family (that he has never met) on the cover???

:whistle:

Venus17.jpg

Hey Jimbo, ya gotta read the story "Cartoonist's Calamity" in that issue!

I hope to read the WHOLE thing carefully tonight.Here's a few pics from the inside of the book.You guys have been such a help with this precode stuff.Thanks for taking the time with all your posts.GOD BLESS...

V17A.jpg

V17B.jpg

V17C.jpg

V17D.jpg

MENACE ...that whole run is so COOL and Jimbos copy is GREAT.

I love the peeks inside of the Venus. (and the PEAKS on Venus..ha, ha blush.gif )

Jimbo, maybe you could bless us with some interior shots of that Menace ? smile.gif

I have been too busy to post much lately, but here are my 4 most recent precodes.

I always thought this had a goofy cover (Technically World's of Fear #1), so I avoided it. I picked this up in a trade because it was a nice copy, and found not only a beautiful Powell story inside, but a KILLER Bailey as well.

2555596724_3e49b634ff_o.jpg

Edited by shiverbones

Excellent work by Harry Anderson, who's best art was probably for Atlas -- but I certainly agree with you about how cool this one is!

And one of my all-time FAVORITE precode issues! The cover is wonderful, but two of the stories inside are GREAT! With "The Horror of Mixed Torsos" being a "Have to see it to believe it" classic! Smokingly nice copy too!

2555596230_ba13fba8e7_o.jpg

"The Horror of Mixed Torsos" is an actual story title? Yow!

Can you imagine how comical that one-leg-hopping would probably look on film? Seems like a strictly comic book concept.

Great new batch, 'bones! Just in time to repack for shipping to NO?

Jack

And one of my all-time FAVORITE precode issues! The cover is wonderful, but two of the stories inside are GREAT! With "The Horror of Mixed Torsos" being a "Have to see it to believe it" classic! Smokingly nice copy too!

2555596230_ba13fba8e7_o.jpg

Nice looking copy Matthew....wouldn't mind picking one of these up down the road.

On a side note, I think that one guy has been in solitary a bit too long.

Sweet book Matthew! Now you've got me wanting to read it... :frustrated:

Thanks guys! Horror of mixed torsos was actually also reprinted recently on the "Horrors of it all" blog, as well as one of the issues of TTTTT (But it's low quality there)

yup, that was the end of my buying for awhile as the move commences... :(