• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

I had to save all my pennies for this one, but it was worth it. I figured I won't get many shots at the WM copy of what may be Heath's finest horror cover.

I'm going to try to set a record for time from receipt to cracking of slab.

I was wondering if anyone from the boards might get this one. I was initially going to hit this copy hard...but decided to pass when I began to get the feeling it was going stratospheric. I applaud your taste in pre-codes and really wanted it, but I had to "settle" for another of Weist's White Mountains. :shy::cloud9:

Congrats to you on this GREAT book.

Scott

I had to save all my pennies for this one, but it was worth it. I figured I won't get many shots at the WM copy of what may be Heath's finest horror cover.

I was wondering if anyone from the boards might get this one. I was initially going to hit this copy hard...but decided to pass when I began to get the feeling it was going stratospheric. I applaud your taste in pre-codes and really wanted it, but I had to "settle" for another of Weist's White Mountains. :shy::cloud9:

Scott

I was watching all those and forgot to bid. I really wanted this and the Uncanny Tales 1.

Scott

I was watching all those and forgot to bid. I really wanted this and the Uncanny Tales 1.

Then you really aren't going to like me now Buck. I would be the guilty party on the Uncanny. Sorry.....but not too sorry. :insane:

Edited by Wrightson fan

I was too. :gossip:

But fortunately my bid, which was a snipe by the way, fell far short of my maximum. I pretty much bought a #1 pre-code Atlas with ow/w pages, White Mountain for OPG. I watched alot of Weist's lots end, and I personally think I may have made the best purchase of the night......I feel very lucky to have picked it up for the price that I did. About damned time I got a good deal on ebay.

Yup. I think the fact that a lot of them weren't 9.4 helped keep them (reasonably) affordable. But as you said, it's a WM Atlas. They're not exactly growing on trees, and a 9.4 Bethlehem or River City or non-ped might not be near as appealing. Congrats on the Uncanny Tales. Definitely the deal of his Atlas stuff. I think his Funny Picture Stories nn was an ultra-steal as he didn't market it appropriately. There are only 3 copies of that of which I'm aware.

I also finalized a deal on another White Mountain. Don't want to say what it is as I don't have the book in hand, and it will be a month or so before I have it. I will say this though.....it will be the crown jewel in my collection thus far and a book I have wanted for, oh... about 20 years. It is a pre-code, but not an Atlas.

Great Cover..Hmmm. I wonder what Flee could do with this one? hm

lol

Congratulations. I love that cover. :cloud9:

I also finalized a deal on another White Mountain. Don't want to say what it is as I don't have the book in hand, and it will be a month or so before I have it. I will say this though.....it will be the crown jewel in my collection thus far and a book I have wanted for, oh... about 20 years. It is a pre-code, but not an Atlas.

The waiting, the waiting!!! :frustrated::pullhair:

I stayed up WAY past my bedtime and STILL got outbid on the Weist Phantom Stranger run ( 2-6).Que sera' sera'....I've been outbid more often than not...but then,lo and behold,to what do my wandering eyes perceive...but a mid grade copy of Menace # 1 with a buy it now on eBay.I don't have it yet but I was too excited to wait on posting.The writing that is on the back cover is probably what put it in my realm of possibility.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

menace1.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

I stayed up WAY past my bedtime and STILL got outbid on the Weist Phantom Stranger run ( 2-6).Que sera' sera'....I've been outbid more often than not...but then,lo and behold,to what do my wandering eyes perceive...but a mid grade copy of Menace # 1 with a buy it now on eBay.I don't have it yet but I was too excited to wait on posting.The writing that is on the back cover is probably what put it in my realm of possibility.GOD BLESS...

menace1.jpg

:o What a score, congrats! Such a hard book with a BIN no less, :golfclap:

Sweet book Jimbo!