• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,235 posts in this topic

Not sure if I posted this one before, found a better pic...thought this could have been a little higher but that small chip in the URC keeps it down, but I'm more than happy with it...Love this cover..

Dopeslaves.jpg

Edited by Twistty1

Yeah I love that cover...took me a while to find a nice enough copy...still wish it didn't have that date stamp over her face....I love how the snake ties the entire sequence together....This cover kind of reminds me of the Jack Cole splash from True Crime 2, Murder Morphine and Me..

TrueCrimeinterior1.jpg

Edited by Twistty1

He was and very diverse as well...I enjoy looking at his Playboy cartoons...and then all his Plastic Man stuff is simply amazing too...one of my favourite covers, more GA than pre-code though, so to speak...

Police301.jpg

Edited by Twistty1

Two books I purchased on ebay a while back and it finally came back from CGC after 4 months.

Detective Comics #134 CGC 7.0 (Canadian Edition)

Picture039.jpg

Action Comics #119 CGC 9.2 (Canadian Edition)

Picture029.jpg

Great books - and an amazing grade on the Action. :applause:

Two books I purchased on ebay a while back and it finally came back from CGC after 4 months.

Detective Comics #134 CGC 7.0 (Canadian Edition)

Picture039.jpg

Action Comics #119 CGC 9.2 (Canadian Edition)

Picture029.jpg

Great books - and an amazing grade on the Action. :applause:

Nice Canadians...

Received this from boardie "October" :hi:

In my opinion, this is one of the most underrated pre-code books. What else could one want? A Baily cover featuring a shrunken head pulled out of a hat? Come on now! I love this cover.

A recent ebay pickup - a solid VG with ow pages for only $66 shipped! This will go nicely with my #20 and #22. What I really like is the little detail of the guys brains blowing out the back of his head in the mirror as well as at the top. Plus it's got Frazetta art inside :banana:

css17.jpg

A recent ebay pickup - a solid VG with ow pages for only $66 shipped! This will go nicely with my #20 and #22. What I really like is the little detail of the guys brains blowing out the back of his head in the mirror as well as at the top. Plus it's got Frazetta art inside :banana:

css17.jpg

Great buy! Crime Suspense has some grossly underrated covers. #22 gets all the glory, but there's plenty of good stuff in this title.

"brains blowing out the back of his head"

very shocking indeed!!!

css17.jpg

css17.jpg

:applause: Awesome looking book for a great price!! Another Johnny Craig classic cover!!