• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Wings #94 - June 1948

Captain Science #3 - April 1951

(thumbs u Facts :cloud9:

lol That's a pretty shameless swipe.

And to sign it no less! doh!

Just bought the Wings 94 (already have the Captain Science 3, and only noticed the similarities when you pointed it out doh! )

Not so much a swipe as a direct lift of the art with a few changes here and there in the main part of the cover.

Overstreet mentions that Captain Science 6 swipes from Wings 91....but that is much less slavish to the original. Both books are worth picking up anyway...

Saw this beauty 'hanging' lol around eBay... a 'twist of the arm' later, it was mine!

3481298483_3dc031ae32_b.jpg

Very nice - how did I miss that one :think: Was it in the BIN section (that I usually filter out).

The Venus #19 Cover Recreation by Josh Howard finally came today and I love it. It took awhile since Josh has been very busy with the new move to Image Comics but the piece was definitely well worth the wait. :)

Venus 19 Cover Recreation

venus19recreation.jpg

Another great recreation! :applause:

And again just to see a "what if" version, I stuck on the logo and text! :grin:

80011.jpg.f159451b222e2f056328a8b8935b93c8.jpg