• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,243 posts in this topic

1954 Mexican-produced comic, by way of Argentina. Apparently a Mexican publisher distributed these comics all throughout Mexico, Central, and South America.

"Comics of HORROR TERROR FEAR!"

Contains contents of This Magazine Is Haunted #12.

Includes the classic Bob Powell tale "WALL OF FLESH!" The Spanish title "THE VISCOUS WALL" doesn't have quite the same ring.

Back cover shows some other comics they produced.

120148.jpg.b246ccb70cd4dd5a95ea072ad4d99c72.jpg

120149.jpg.76b33193e4023273e6b919c5165bcc2c.jpg

120150.jpg.cf456c2126fe74f70b488d69f18d5ea5.jpg

120151.jpg.5d46d446918a3946a84d3167756870f3.jpg

A good cover with icky coloring. What's not to love! :applause:

Picked this one up this weekend. It corresponds to none of my goals but I am allowed to go off want list, no? A striking cover IMO -

Picked this one up this weekend. It corresponds to none of my goals but I am allowed to go off want list, no? A striking cover IMO -

I used to own the highest graded copy of this book.....it was the "D" copy, 8.5 ow. Now it belongs to a fellow boardie. Yet another one I miss. Congrats on your copy Scrooge, I love the cover as well.

Great post, Boot!

The Powell story is classic and, iirc, is reprinted here: http://www.amazon.com/Bob-Powells-Terror-Chilling-Archives/dp/1613770677/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326265602&sr=1-1

I love seeing the international editions, even if they are printed a little cheaper.

The back cover shows how this Mexican company was getting material from several publishers as you can see Fawcett, Fiction House, MLJ, Eastern. Classics Ill and Atlas. I wasn't sure the source of the funny animal, football or western so there might be even one or two more.

120149.jpg

I used to own the highest graded copy of this book.....it was the "D" copy, 8.5 ow. Now it belongs to a fellow boardie. Yet another one I miss. Congrats on your copy Scrooge, I love the cover as well.

Yeah, it's really nice!

You just need to expand your goals. It you'd eventually like to have every Atlas pre-code horror book, you'll stay right on target. (thumbs u