• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

So, back in the Summer i believe, Flex posted an 8.5 copy of this scarce one shot, featuring stories on serial killers. it reminded me of how much i still wanted/needed a copy. Well, last month i got lucky on eBay and finally snagged a copy: Who is Next #5(#1). Comics historian Michelle Nolan considers it "an oddity ahead of it's time". HA believes it to be scarcer than the 6 rating Gerber assigned it. It's not an 8.5, but i can live with this copy :cloud9:WhoisNext51_zpsee129ba4.jpg

It's got art by Mike Sekowsky, Nick Cardy, and Ross Andru. I marvel at the GGA splash and awfully violent story for the 50'sIMG_0461_zps8ef90bee.jpg

IMG_0463_zps42d6e86a.jpg

The adult subject matter inside. Hard to believe this was displayed among fare like Superman and Bugs Bunny. Hmph! in MY day coming up in the 70's and 80's the Playboys were stocked out of my reach or behind the counter :D

IMG_0465_zpsd32ba584.jpg

The kicker, is the claim under the first page of the Alex Toth story: Your guarantee of wholesome reading!!!(I think Dr. Wertham would strongly disagree with that! IMG_0467_zpsab83b375.jpg

So, back in the Summer i believe, Flex posted an 8.5 copy of this scarce one shot, featuring stories on serial killers. it reminded me of how much i still wanted/needed a copy. Well, last month i got lucky on eBay and finally snagged a copy: Who is Next #5(#1). Comics historian Michelle Nolan considers it "an oddity ahead of it's time". HA believes it to be scarcer than the 6 rating Gerber assigned it. It's not an 8.5, but i can live with this copy :cloud9:WhoisNext51_zpsee129ba4.jpg

It's got art by Mike Sekowsky, Nick Cardy, and Ross Andru. I marvel at the GGA splash and awfully violent story for the 50'sIMG_0461_zps8ef90bee.jpg

IMG_0463_zps42d6e86a.jpg

The adult subject matter inside. Hard to believe this was displayed among fare like Superman and Bugs Bunny. Hmph! in MY day coming up in the 70's and 80's the Playboys were stocked out of my reach or behind the counter :D

IMG_0465_zpsd32ba584.jpg

The kicker, is the claim under the first page of the Alex Toth story: Your guarantee of wholesome reading!!!(I think Dr. Wertham would strongly disagree with that! IMG_0467_zpsab83b375.jpg

Nice copy! I couldn't resist checking out the listing, looks like you got it for a decent price as well.