• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,225 posts in this topic

Nice run of This Mag is Haunted! Yeah, that #3 is real tough. I've got the run too. #3 was one of the first ones I got so it didn't seem that hard at the time but I soon realized that I never saw it again. Isn't Worlds of Fear #2 similarily tough? I know they are both impossible in grade because of the paper stock they used in that month.

Yes, Worlds of Fear #2 is similarly scarce. In fact, I think I see fewer of those than TMIH 3! I actually have a fairly decent copy of TMIH 3 and a really nice copy of Unseen 12. I'll post pics here soon.

Here are my copies of a couple of books recently mentioned in this thread:

This Magazine is Haunted #3 - yup, a pretty decent copy with intact spine, staples, centerfold, etc. Nice pages too. I still put it in the G/VG range but given how hard this book is to find I am more than pleased with this copy. Paid $250 for it about 5-6 years ago, which seemed a lot for a lower-grade book, but I knew my chances to find a better one were slim.

FullSizeRender_zps75f32841.jpg

Unseen #12 - Some stated this was a tough book to get in nice grade. I wasn't aware. I got this copy a few years ago at San Diego Comic Con. At the time I was focusing on putting together runs of the Standard PCH books and bought this one because it wasn't too expensive and in very nice shape.

FullSizeRender1_zps2dee450e.jpg

Thanks guys! Love the transformation ...I am really looking forward to it, and will be happy to provide a report (thumbs u

Really excited about this book! Bought this one from a very cool boardie (thumbs u

mysterytales8_zps279ccfb4.jpg

Looks like another one on the wantlist.

Nice book in great condition.

Can we get a review on the stories perhaps? :)

Thanks guys! Love the transformation ...I am really looking forward to it, and will be happy to provide a report (thumbs u

Really excited about this book! Bought this one from a very cool boardie (thumbs u

mysterytales8_zps279ccfb4.jpg

Looks like another one on the wantlist.

Nice book in great condition.

Can we get a review on the stories perhaps? :)

.... just think, a year ago, during the height of the "Mystery Tales Madness", this book would have cost you 60K ....... all kidding aside, The Mystery Tales run is chock full of better covers culminating with the classic Anderson Zombie cover.... if you're going to chase a run.... this isn't a bad title to pursue. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u