• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

My meager run of the series; ;)

k39idv.jpg

.... when you hit eBay in the late 90's to fill out your PCH collection, you went with both barrels loaded ............................... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.... when you hit eBay in the late 90's to fill out your PCH collection, you went with both barrels loaded ............................... GOD BLESS....

Both barrels and a Howitzer. ;)

When I started there in 1998, it was before they had the "my eBay" page, so I would literally fill out completely a yellow 8-1/2 x 11 lined note page with the auctions that I wanted to follow, and add to it every day.

Back then, it was easier to win most of the time; no Buy It Now's, less competition, and almost none of these pesky dealers competing with us to buy, only to sell. You could research an auction winner to determine that, unlike now.

Nothing meager there! Great collection from where I sit.

Thanks. I just feel a bit apprehensive about posting my reader copies, generally in the G-VG range, when everyone else it seems are posting CGC 9.8 copies.

But...I can read mine, eh eh eh. ;)

Everybody here loves the books.... and your collection is VERY impressive. A whole LOT of people have a few nice copies of certain books.... but not many have solid runs like you. About how many PCH's do you have ? ........ and do you have , say, 10 favorites that you would take on an interstellar journey where weight constraints were an issue ? GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

Everybody here loves the books.... and your collection is VERY impressive. A whole LOT of people have a few nice copies of certain books.... but not many have solid runs like you. About how many PCH's do you have ? ........ and do you have , say, 10 favorites that you would take on an interstellar journey were weight constraints were an issue ? GOD BLESS...

Yes! People - good people - want to know! :taptaptap:

Edited by Flex Mentallo

Everybody here loves the books.... and your collection is VERY impressive. A whole LOT of people have a few nice copies of certain books.... but not many have solid runs like you. About how many PCH's do you have ? ........ and do you have , say, 10 favorites that you would take on an interstellar journey were weight constraints were an issue ? GOD BLESS...

Yes! People - good people - want to know! :taptaptap:

Especially those that are planning their interstellar journey! :whee:

Everybody here loves the books.... and your collection is VERY impressive. A whole LOT of people have a few nice copies of certain books.... but not many have solid runs like you. About how many PCH's do you have ? ........ and do you have , say, 10 favorites that you would take on an interstellar journey where weight constraints were an issue ? GOD BLESS...

Thanks.

How many books do I got? Well, haven't counted them specifically, but I keep them in 15 inch boxes, of which I have 9-1/2 filled, plus another one that's a bit overloaded just with EC's, plus 1-1/2 with pre-code crime. I have complete or near complete runs of most of the PCH titles, except for a few of the Atlas books. Included are a smattering of science fiction books, and a few early post-code from 1955-57.

Generally speaking, if a book doesn't have at least one good story in it, or a killer cover illustration, I would get rid of it, hence there are some holes in my runs.

Ten favorites?

Never really thought about that. Why don't you start a thread on it though, and let's see what everyone else would consider. Since I have such a variety myself, it would take me awhile to determine. As well, are we considering just cover art, interior stories, or a combination of each?

;)

EDIT; I see that a thread has been started on this, but all he's including are slabbed books. My interests are different.

I keep them in 15 inch boxes

Why keep them in boxes? You can't read a comic in a box (shrug)

Just got this , now i have two copies . (cant show the other copy because its slabbed by Voldemort ) This is a 1954 Mexican reprint of Chamber of Chills 19

N4ldcCal.jpg

Stop hoarding!

I'd love to get one of those....I have the original...and the original 7"record(and several.different pressings) of the Misfits DieDieMyDarling single.

PM me if you'd ever like to do a sort of trade please.

I see that a thread has been started on this, but all he's including are slabbed books. My interests are different.

Nope. I just chose from what I currently have. Post anything. (Apart from prawn merryweather!) I'd love to see what your ten would be, given - what? - well over a thousand pre-code books to choose from?

Edited by Flex Mentallo

What, no drum roll?

OK, since he asked me here, I will post the titles/issues here, and then in the other thread as well.

This is in no particular order, and based solely on story content. Since there's a weight limitation, I'll leave my shoes behind, so I can add 4 more books, eh eh;

Haunted Thrills, #9

Mysterious Adventures, #23

Shock Suspenstories, #14

Witches Tales, #5

Out Of The Night, #13

Suspense (Atlas), #19

Secret Mysteries, #16

Adventures Into Weird Worlds, #27

Mysterious Stories, #2

Weird Thrillers, #5

Strange Suspense Stories, #3

Beware, Terror Tales, #6

Mysterious Adventures, #12

Journey Into Unknown Worlds, #5

What, no drum roll?

OK, since he asked me here, I will post the titles/issues here, and then in the other thread as well.

This is in no particular order, and based solely on story content. Since there's a weight limitation, I'll leave my shoes behind, so I can add 4 more books, eh eh;

Haunted Thrills, #9

Mysterious Adventures, #23

Shock Suspenstories, #14

Witches Tales, #5

Out Of The Night, #13

Suspense (Atlas), #19

Secret Mysteries, #16

Adventures Into Weird Worlds, #27

Mysterious Stories, #2

Weird Thrillers, #5

Strange Suspense Stories, #3

Beware, Terror Tales, #6

Mysterious Adventures, #12

Journey Into Unknown Worlds, #5

..... the stories DEFINITELY need to be good...... it's a long, long way to Alpha C............ GOD BLESS....