• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Another fruitful mailbox trip today! If only my camera didn't suck.

IMG_20150306_202257_zps7vbyvvmp.jpg

Very nice!

Your group shot made me look at that Doll Man run.

Some nice covers in that series. hm

Nice little group. I should start looking for them. One reason I hadn't is I've found Ken Shannon stories quite dull, but those are great covers!

I can't speak for all the issues but I've found the stories In 3 and especially 7 quite well written and entertaining. There is some nice banter between Ken Shannon and "The Ugly Man" in that issue! (thumbs u

Nice little group. I should start looking for them. One reason I hadn't is I've found Ken Shannon stories quite dull, but those are great covers!

I can't speak for all the issues but I've found the stories In 3 and especially 7 quite well written and entertaining. There is some nice banter between Ken Shannon and "The Ugly Man" in that issue! (thumbs u

Good to know. There are also a couple of KS Police covers that I find compelling, maybe I'll give him another chance.

Congrats Jayman. Not an easy book to find. I've always thought Crandall did some of his best covers for this title. This one is outstanding for me.

KenShannon692MileHigh.jpg

I considered that very book before it got slabbed. An easy book to track when it popped up for sale but once it was slabbed with the MH Pedigree notation, it stretched out of my price range. I'm glad it went to a good home! (thumbs u

Thanks Jayman. I was just discussing this with another boardie, who helped me recollect that after it was slabbed, it had been listed on Ebay for a rather hefty price. I assume it failed to sell. I was lucky to win it for far less than that in a subsequent Heritage auction.

Edited by Flex Mentallo