• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

The Mystic 24 went for pretty good coin also.... pushing 1K IIRC..... not bad for a non Everett cover..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It's a great cover all the same, but how the market for classic Atlas covers has shifted in the last year or two...

Been mulling this over and here is my list of what I believe to be the top ten most valuable Atlas PCH books based on my monitoring of the market since the 'shift' you reference.

Notably they basically all have standout/iconic covers:

Top 10 (in order)

JIM 1

Strange Tales 1

Menace 5

Venus 19

Strange Tales 28

Mystery Tales 19

Menace 1

JIM 6

Spellbound 17

Venus 17

(You could swap the books in the middle around, tough to rank those really)

Honorable Mention:

Venus 18

JIM 7

Menace 11

Spellbound 20

Spellbound 3

Strange Tales 8

Strange Tales 18 and 29

Marvel Tales 95

Mystery Tales 9-11

Mystery Tales 1

Mystic 28

JIM 14-16

Let me know what I may have missed or what others you think might make the top ten.

Edited by Johnny545

Venus 17 over 18?

I would think the 18 more in demand. hm

I think there have been more #18's in the last 18 months. I doubt it's scarcer, just random chance. But assuming my impression isnt false, a #17 might currently receive a bit more attention.

Edited by Flex Mentallo

Venus 17 over 18?

I think there have been more #18's in the last 18 months. I doubt it's scarcer, just random chance. But assuming my impression isnt false, a #17 might currently receive a bit more attention.

My view might be skewed as I still need an 18 :frustrated:!

Venus 17 over 18?

My thinking as well, the 18 has popped up quite a bit lately and been soft.

A HG 17 may also appeal to more buyers.

I think it would be close, but if two of the same grade/PQ/Color strike went side by side in an auction the 17 edges it out - that is where my money goes anyway.

The Mystic 24 went for pretty good coin also.... pushing 1K IIRC..... not bad for a non Everett cover..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It's a great cover all the same, but how the market for classic Atlas covers has shifted in the last year or two...

Been mulling this over and here is my list of what I believe to be the top ten most valuable Atlas PCH books based on my monitoring of the market since the 'shift' you reference.

Notably they basically all have standout/iconic covers:

Top 10 (in order)

JIM 1

Strange Tales 1

Menace 5

Venus 19

Strange Tales 28

Mystery Tales 19

Menace 1

JIM 6

Spellbound 17

Venus 17

(You could swap the books in the middle around, tough to rank those really)

Honorable Mention:

Venus 18

JIM 7

Menace 11

Spellbound 20

Spellbound 3

Strange Tales 8

Strange Tales 18 and 29

Marvel Tales 95

Mystery Tales 9-11

Mystery Tales 1

Mystic 28

JIM 14-16

Let me know what I may have missed or what others you think might make the top ten.

I like your list- would add one more: Suspense 14

Is Mystery Tales #40 not worthy of those lists?

Probably, or at least until people start to forget about Lost. (shrug)

I would figure they would have by now. Never understood the perceived value on that book. That's just my opinion.

Venus 17 over 18?

My thinking as well, the 18 has popped up quite a bit lately and been soft.

A HG 17 may also appeal to more buyers.

I think it would be close, but if two of the same grade/PQ/Color strike went side by side in an auction the 17 edges it out - that is where my money goes anyway.

Just my viewpoint but I've always considered Venus #17 thru 19 as a sub set to own in the run. You really need all three to get the full "Everett Venus Horror" effect with issue 19 being the crown jewel.

These books are easily at the top of my Atlas books collection with my copies of Menace #5 and Young Men #24 rounding out the list. Simply a joy to own. :)