• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

I was pretty surprised to win this for only $190 on eBay. Surprised and happy!

mystic%2021_zpsn9dohqpp.jpg

For that price in the condition its in, you've got to consider that an early Christmas present! My favorite Mystic issue hands down.

Read Dorthy's Doll... :gossip:

I like 19 a lot as well...... but no one has mentioned another favorite of mine, Mystic 24..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Mystic 26 is probably a top 3 Mystic cover for me, a true decapitation cover (rare for atlas), great composition, impossible in high grade, don't think I have seen anything slabbed over a 6.0.

I can't get into Mystic 17 (I mean no disrespect).

I think the cover is attributed to Brodsky, which looks right to me.

Generally there are a few covers by Brodsky I like, but none that I am really drawn too.

Edited by Johnny545

Generally there are a few covers by Brodsky I like, but none that I am really drawn too.

Gotta agree. While l love all Atlas books, this cover never really appealed to me. Because the way the face is drawn it always looked like the vampire was wearing glasses to me! lol

Just one of my least favorite covers. Can anybody vouche for the stories inside?

I dig what you are saying but I do like this cover, grabs your attention.

I dig what you are saying but I do like this cover, grabs your attention.

.... I like it too...... super color scheme and looks fantastic in grade..... GOD BLESS....

-JImbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

No love for #17? This is my favorite.

M17cgc75_zpskimndmnh.jpg

Awesome! Gotta love this cover gang. It's the famous air guitar vampire cover. :)

Speaking off, I love how Atlas Precodes were the leader of depicting vampires with huge bat wings in their books... Something that has gone by the wayside in modern depictions of vampires. They truly look menacing ;) with a human like form and sharp pointy wings jutting out of their backs. Good stuff. Gotta live Precode horror.

M17cgc75_zpskimndmnh.jpg

Awesome! Gotta love this cover gang. It's the famous air guitar vampire cover. :)

Speaking off, I love how Atlas Precodes were the leader of depicting vampires with huge bat wings in their books... Something that has gone by the wayside in modern depictions of vampires. They truly look menacing ;) with a human like form and sharp pointy wings jutting out of their backs. Good stuff. Gotta live Precode horror.

Elvis?? Memphis mayhem??

+1

The stance of the vampire and the rendering of his face is very awkward.

M17cgc75_zpskimndmnh.jpg

Elvis?? Memphis mayhem??

More like Buddy Holly with those eyes that look like he's wearing glasses! lol