• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

No love for #17? This is my favorite.

M17cgc75_zpskimndmnh.jpg

Awesome! Gotta love this cover gang. It's the famous air guitar vampire cover. :)

Speaking off, I love how Atlas Precodes were the leader of depicting vampires with huge bat wings in their books... Something that has gone by the wayside in modern depictions of vampires. They truly look menacing ;) with a human like form and sharp pointy wings jutting out of their backs. Good stuff. Gotta live Precode horror.

Elvis?? Memphis mayhem??

More like Buddy Holly with those eyes that look like he's wearing glasses! lol

:roflmao:

I can't get into Mystic 17 (I mean no disrespect).

Can anybody vouche for the stories inside?

I had the book and sold it sometime back. Never really cared for the cover image, and the stories were all lame, or I wouldn't have ditched it. My keepers all include at least one good story -if not being saved for the cover only- and this issue had neither, IMHO.

str1.5540a_zpsim6m9ago.jpg

Now we're talkin'! Great book and I think contains the story White on Black.

And don't get me wrong regarding Mystic 17, that's a killer copy! Just not one of my radar books. :foryou:

Love this book also. Looks like you got a good deal too. Same book sold last August for $1500, sold last night for $976...

str1.5540a_zpsim6m9ago.jpg

Now we're talkin'! Great book and I think contains the story White on Black.

And don't get me wrong regarding Mystic 17, that's a killer copy! Just not one of my radar books. :foryou:

Love this book also. Looks like you got a good deal too. Same book sold last August for $1500, sold last night for $976...

That's good to know as I had no idea of the price point when I bid on this. I see now that MyComicShop has a 7.0 listed for $1,200 on EBay. :banana:

This one just arrived in the mail today....2nd highest in the census at a mere 5.0! There are 2 at 6.0. Where are all of the high grade non-EC PCH books?

They're around here and there... :gossip:

UncannyTales16.jpg