• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Jayman said:

So @N e r V, just so I'm clear, this is your photo? You holding your own book? Crazy!

Definitely his book, I remember his post when he first showed it off. As to why Dreamtoreal1 was ripping off pics and claiming them as his own -- just an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. And not a particularly bright one at that.

5 minutes ago, originalisbest said:
42 minutes ago, Jayman said:

So @N e r V, just so I'm clear, this is your photo? You holding your own book? Crazy!

Definitely his book, I remember his post when he first showed it off. As to why Dreamtoreal1 was ripping off pics and claiming them as his own -- just an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. And not a particularly bright one at that.

Ok thanks, I was getting worried that the books might have been stolen, as Nerv mentioned another book of his also that was posted by Dreamtoreal1. Also that pm's weren't being answered.

1 minute ago, Jayman said:

Ok thanks, I was getting worried that the books might have been stolen, as Nerv mentioned another book of his also that was posted by Dreamtoreal1. Also that pm's weren't being answered.

Seems as though the books are safely still in Nerv's hands, though it's pretty laughable/jerkish of a relative newbie to steal scans and claim books as their own. Especially ones with very distinguishing wear patterns and markings. Suggestion to dreamtoreal1, stick to stealing scans of '80s and '90s material, it'll be harder to see through your fraud. :)

1 minute ago, originalisbest said:

Seems as though the books are safely still in Nerv's hands, though it's pretty laughable/jerkish of a relative newbie to steal scans and claim books as their own. Especially ones with very distinguishing wear patterns and markings. Suggestion to dreamtoreal1, stick to stealing scans of '80s and '90s material, it'll be harder to see through your fraud. :)

But along your train of thought, Jayman, I could read it as Nerv implying his books were stolen, which, if is the case, speaks of a much stinkier kettle of fish. Let's hope the only thing stolen was old pics/scans.

3 minutes ago, originalisbest said:

But along your train of thought, Jayman, I could read it as Nerv implying his books were stolen, which, if is the case, speaks of a much stinkier kettle of fish. Let's hope the only thing stolen was old pics/scans.

Yeah, lets hope Nerv chimes in and confirms the books are in fact in his possession! :wishluck:

1 hour ago, Jayman said:

Books were stolen. More than the All American #61 and Venus #18 too. Not sure how many others are gone just yet. I know who took them and the silence on the part of the poster who brazenly posted them as recent acquisitions when I asked who sold them to him tells me he is aware they are stolen books.

FYI, the scan of the Venus #18 is from comic link where I purchased it. The photo of the book is not mine.

Edited by N e r V

We'll see. I thought everyone should be aware of the situation on the boards though. The person I suspect of stealing them is not a comic collector but someone looking for a fast buck.

8 minutes ago, N e r V said:

We'll see. I thought everyone should be aware of the situation on the boards though. The person I suspect of stealing them is not a comic collector but someone looking for a fast buck.

Super crappy and I hope you get them back. Thieves are rarely geniuses. Dreamtoreal1, possessing stolen property isn't the best situation to find yourself in. Best remedy it, and quickly.

23 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Books were stolen. More than the All American #61 and Venus #18 too. Not sure how many others are gone just yet. I know who took them and the silence on the part of the poster who brazenly posted them as recent acquisitions when I asked who sold them to him tells me he is aware they are stolen books.

FYI, the scan of the Venus #18 is from comic link where I purchased it. The photo of the book is not mine.

@N e r V Sorry to hear this is the case. Hope for a quick resolution to this since you know who the culprit is. 

@Dreamtoreal1 You need to do the right thing here and communicate with Nerv about these books. Come on man!

55 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I'm thinking I'm probably not the only one he's been contacting, but Dreamtoreal1 sent me a few pms asking about books. He included some info including his phone number, a picture and his zip code.

I'm going to use one of the really neat new features here and add you to the conversation which I was just able to find by using another new thing that works in pms, the search thing. I quoted his info so it can't be changed.