• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

I already tried contacting him just to verify who the seller of the two books were.

He read the message and left the conversation without a response.

If someone asked me who I bought books from I wouldn't have a problem letting them know what I could of the seller. His silence kind of confirms to me he is aware of the books status. 

I won't  go into details but the suspected thief is someone I know so there's a level of betrayal of trust involved beyond the monetary loss. 

Losing the number of suspected books I think are gone is certainly a large setback in my collecting but the loss of trust is something I can't ever put a figure on.

I posted all this on the boards though since the one in possession of the books is a board member and if by any chance they weren't aware the books are stolen the posts here now make it very clear along with the facts that I can back up ownership of them.

20 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I already tried contacting him just to verify who the seller of the two books were.

If someone asked me who I bought books from I wouldn't have a problem letting them know what I could of the seller. His silence kind of confirms to me he is aware of the books status. 

I won't  go into details but the suspected thief is someone I know so there's a level of betrayal of trust involved beyond the monetary loss. 

Losing the number of suspected books I think are gone is certainly a large setback in my collecting but the loss of trust is something I can't ever put a figure on.

I posted all this on the boards though since the one in possession of the books is a board member and if by any chance they weren't aware the books are stolen the posts here now make it very clear along with the facts that I can back up ownership of them.

Damn brother I hope this ends smoothly on the comics side of things. Sorry to hear about your betrayal. 

5 hours ago, N e r V said:

I hope you filed a police report. If the "board member" won't talk to you, the police should now  have enough information to contact him.

14 hours ago, N e r V said:

Damn!  Really sorry to hear this.

If you think it would be helpful, do you want to post which other books were taken so we can be on the lookout for them?

Nerv, let me echo filing a police report - should be a felony based on the value of items stolen, having law enforcement involved can leverage the perpetrator and hopefully you'll get your books back.

Please share with us as much info as you feel comfortable doing so...

3 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Please share with us as much info as you feel comfortable doing so...

Perhaps a general idea as to region if you're not comfortable sharing your town/city - Northeast, Southwest, Midwest, etc.

Also can we get an IP address on this 'Dreamtoreal1' character?

1 minute ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

Perhaps a general idea as to region if you're not comfortable sharing your town/city - Northeast, Southwest, Midwest, etc.

Also can we get an IP address on this 'Dreamtoreal1' character?

Curious- does this Dreamtoreal character qualify for the HOS if it's found that he knowingly purchased stolen comics? 

13 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

Curious- does this Dreamtoreal character qualify for the HOS if it's found that he knowingly purchased stolen comics? 

You would certainly think so. 

32 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

He's new.... he may not be sure whether or not he's being hustled himself...... it seems unlikely he would have posted them here had he known..... real bummer, Brett's one of my buddies and I, too, thought it was only heisted scans at first. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

5 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

He's new.... he may not be sure whether or not he's being hustled himself...... it seems unlikely he would have posted them here had he known..... real bummer, Brett's one of my buddies and I, too, thought it was only heisted scans at first. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Not answering my question- I'm just trying to find out what the policy is here and whether he would be banned by the mods if he knowingly purchased stolen books - not saying whether he did or didn't (thumbsu

We definitely don't want to break our legs jumping to conclusions here

but...

It seems that if dreamtoreal1 WAS NOT aware these were stolen at time of purchase, he would now be assisting in every way possible to help in this investigation.

I could be wrong though.

Edited by TheFifthHorseman

1 hour ago, bronze johnny said:

Not answering my question- I'm just trying to find out what the policy is here and whether he would be banned by the mods if he knowingly purchased stolen books - not saying whether he did or didn't (thumbsu

I don't recall this situation coming up before, but I would imagine if it were proven that a board member was trafficking in stolen books, he would be banned. Only the mods would be able to say, of course.