• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

On July 3, 2017 at 7:38 PM, bronze johnny said:

Great books! Congrats!

Well done Jayman! I sold my Venus 17 and 18 awhile back and currently have the 19. It's a great little run. Enjoy and congrats! If you don't end up cracking them out, reprints are available. Cartoonists Calamity is a gem of a story if you haven't already read it. 

Thats some collection you've got growing! Congrats again. 

Edited by Darth Corgi
Spelling

6 minutes ago, Darth Corgi said:

Cartoonists Calamity is a gem of a story

(worship)

On 7/5/2017 at 2:31 AM, exitmusicblue said:

a Silicon Valley Comic Con pickup  : )

SIGshocksuspenstories5.png

Great pick-up! I started a thread years ago asking boardies whether they preferred this cover to that of Suspense 3. Schomberg's cover was the more popular one among boardies but my guess is that could change over time- given the fact that Wood's classic work on this bondage cover is amazing and it doesn't hurt that this is an Entertainment Comic...

1 hour ago, bronze johnny said:

Great pick-up! I started a thread years ago asking boardies whether they preferred this cover to that of Suspense 3. Schomberg's cover was the more popular one among boardies but my guess is that could change over time- given the fact that Wood's classic work on this bondage cover is amazing and it doesn't hurt that this is an Entertainment Comic...

Thank you !  Respect to both covers; I'n just glad I spent only a li'l over a couple hundred in cash on this raw after throwing in an Uncanny X-Men #266.  Immediately subbed it to CGC, and it turned out Harley had nailed his raw grade for it.  : )

6 hours ago, Darth Corgi said:

Well done Jayman! I sold my Venus 17 and 18 awhile back and currently have the 19. It's a great little run. Enjoy and congrats! If you don't end up cracking them out, reprints are available. Cartoonists Calamity is a gem of a story if you haven't already read it. 

Thats some collection you've got growing! Congrats again. 

Thanks DC! My 17 and 19 are raw. For 17 I love The Cartoonists Calamity! For 19 my fav is The Box of Doom! As for 18, I just love, love, love the story The Mad Mountain! Just a great little Twilight Zone type of story. Blew me away when I read it as a kid in one of the Marvel horror reprint books. Plus all done by the masterful Bill Everett! :cloud9:

Which makes me wonder if Marvel knew how much they were feeding into young collectors interests back in the '70s. Marvel was simply filling up content with old GA & SA stories to primarily save money I would guess. In the long run (for me at least), I loved seeing these classic reprinted Ditko, Everett and Maneely stories and inspired me to track down the originals!

On 7/5/2017 at 6:31 PM, Dreamtoreal1 said:

Here she is....

venus11.jpg

Wow. That looks exactly like my copy including the exact same condition, numbers, and notes. Just like the copy of All American #61 you posted matched exactly too.

To bad I never sold my copies and you declined to answer my pm's.

IMG_0159.JPG.62191c3aeb39bd2568dcf8a256eab4de.JPG

55 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Wow. That looks exactly like my copy including the exact same condition, numbers, and notes. Just like the copy of All American #61 you posted matched exactly too.

:whatthe:  Wow.............

3 hours ago, N e r V said:

busted.

20 minutes ago, goldust40 said:

Bizarre that in such a close-knit and vigilant community that he thought he'd get away with that.

20 minutes ago, goldust40 said:

Bizarre that in such a close-knit and vigilant community that he thought he'd get away with that.

I guess I really don't understand why? What is the purpose of doing that??