• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Gregd said:

Thanks! Getting closer to having all the titles I want.... well, maybe not. Seems like more and more pop up

The more you see, the more you want. They sprout up like weeds I tells ya, ghastly, ghoulish, glorious Precode weeds! :nyah:

20 hours ago, Gregd said:

Thanks! Getting closer to having all the titles I want.... well, maybe not. Seems like more and more pop up

Good luck with that Gregd, PCH is VERY habit forming. I was a completest with most Publishers and titles. I just bought my favorite ones of publishers like ACG, Star and and Avon due to kinda weak content. Now I'm nearing the close on many of those and picking up the post code Atlas. It NEVER ends...

22 hours ago, Gregd said:

It's a sickness! The only treatment is buying more and more! lol

Makes for a good precode horror story: The day the precode horror comics took possession of his collecting soul!   

Ok, these aren't recent purchases.  But Robot Man mentioning ACG, and I happen to be cataloguing anyways, and I noticed that these are the only 2 Adventures Into the Unknown that have zero entries in the CGC census from among the first 50 books in the run.  

Scan 283.jpeg

Scan 285.jpeg

5 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

It's a sickness! The only treatment is buying more and more! lol

Makes for a good precode horror story: The day the precode horror comics took possession of his collecting soul!   

Does it start with a nagging need to check the CGC forum and eBay every 3 minutes?

2 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

First "All-Ditko" comic book-

IMG_0412.JPG.f98f00802400d35041ec4b26c5f1bfe1.JPG

Ditko art got me started with comics his art is awesome !

Edited by comicjack

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:42 AM, Gregd said:

Does it start with a nagging need to check the CGC forum and eBay every 3 minutes?

..... actually, by that point the disease has progressed quite a ways...... beginning signs are waking up at 3a.m. with the urge to look at your newest one.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu