• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jayman said:

Think it passed CoC 19?

I personally do but wondering about supply/demand/price comparison.hm 

COC 19 was never in the same league as COC 23.

Apparently COC 19 had its art swiped for an album cover for some band...I'm not 100% sure on the details there regarding art usage (I need to read Craig Yoes Haunted Horror 1 hardcover. There might be more info there or perhaps another collector can chime in)  but the popularity of COC19 is linked to this reason. 

When viewing the covers of BC 50, TOT 15, and COC23 next to each other, it becomes clear who makes up the Top Harvey Horror Trio! ?

That said COC 19 is still a decent cover but it's a big step down. I also think COC 16 is a pretty amazing cover that does not get as much attention as it should. 

4 minutes ago, Darth Corgi said:

Apparently COC 19 had its art swiped for an album cover for some band...I'm not 100% sure on the details there regarding art usage (I need to read Craig Yoes Haunted Horror 1 hardcover. There might be more info there or perhaps another collector can chime in)  but the popularity of COC19 is linked to this reason. 

When viewing the covers of BC 50, TOT 15, and COC23 next to each other, it becomes clear who makes up the Top Harvey Horror Trio! ?

That said COC 19 is still a decent cover but it's a big step down. I also think COC 16 is a pretty amazing cover that does not get as much attention as it should. 

The band is the Misfits. 

I would agree, artistically CoC 23 is much better. But CoC with the Misfits connect has some added historical significance. 

49 minutes ago, Darth Corgi said:
3 hours ago, Jayman said:

Think it passed CoC 19?

I personally do but wondering about supply/demand/price comparison.hm 

Like I said, I'm convinced already. I might even like it the best out of those three! :whatthe:

But a short time ago CoC 19 was all the rage. Prices shot up drastically and remain high. Was just wondering which is the more sought after book now, the 19 or the 23. There are fans in both camps, luckily I don't have to choose as I love 'em both!

28 minutes ago, The-Collector said:

Getting close. But the lead goes to 19. GPA has has a 5.5 #23 selling at $1700. But a #19 5.5 $2629. 

I would think a 9.2+ 23 would beat a 9.2+ 19 though. Census is thinner in HG for the 23.

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the info. (thumbsu I think the 23 will eventually pass the 19 (and rightfully so) but as it stands for now, CoC 19 is the more popular book in a lot of collectors eyes IMO.

2 hours ago, Darth Corgi said:

Why COC 16? I've always thought it was kind of "meh", but could be swayed.....

1 hour ago, Jayman said:

Horror FEET!:baiting:

Dang it!  I actually meant

Tomb Of Terror 16. TOT 16 is underrated  the underwater cross section scene.

That said, Chamber Of Chills 16 opens with a wonderful story about rats eating a persons feet. 

Edited by Darth Corgi
Typos.

Ok, NOW I'm onboard. I've been a little obsessed with that cover for a while now. I have the original are and...let's just call it "a few" copies of the book. If ANYONE knows where the sole highest graded copy is (the 9.2), please give me a yell.

4 minutes ago, Darth Corgi said:

Dang it!  I actually meant

Tomb Of Terror 16. TOT 16 is underrated  the underwater cross section scene.

That said, Chamber Of Chills 16 opens with a wonderful story about rats eating a persons feet. 

And here I thought you had a foot fetish thing going! :roflmao:

I actually was thinking in the confines of the CoC title but since we are covering all Harvey PCH, let's not forget WT 25!

3 hours ago, The-Collector said:

Getting close. But the lead goes to 19. GPA has has a 5.5 #23 selling at $1700. But a #19 5.5 $2629. 

I would think a 9.2+ 23 would beat a 9.2+ 19 though. Census is thinner in HG for the 23.

Money doesn't tell the whole story of something. Valuing comics in only money terms is like trying to read and appreciate a book by looking at it through a thin pvc pipe. 

Sure money is very important and it's not lost on me the value of some of these newsprint rags but it's hardly the sole nor first measurement device I use in determining value. 

Of course each opinion changes from collector to collector.

1 minute ago, Darth Corgi said:

Money doesn't tell the whole story of something. Valuing comics in only money terms is like trying to read and appreciate a book by looking at it through a thin pvc pipe. 

Sure money is very important and it's not lost on me the value of some of these newsprint rags but it's hardly the sole nor first measurement device I use in determining value. 

Of course each opinion changes from collector to collector.

Yeah I agree. But I thought Jayman was asking about price...

6 minutes ago, The-Collector said:

Yeah I agree. But I thought Jayman was asking about price...

Not totally price, but that does factor into it. I was asking who thought which book currently is more popular/in demand. Money does tend to reflect that and I agreed that CoC 19 still is maintaining a lead.

40 minutes ago, Jayman said:

BTW, if CoC 16 is one end of the horror rat chew cover, then Black Cat Mystery 49 has to be the other end!

IMG_4810.PNG

IMG_4809.PNG

These two covers tell a nice before and after story. Part one: Rats are hungry. Part two: We are stuffed!

Great mention of Witches Tales 25 as well. That's the runaway hit from that title no doubt. I almost forgot. Well done. So many great books Harvey put out. 

Heres another two parter cover story I recently put together. I'd love to see if there are other 2 part stories told through the covers out there that anyone has seen over the years. Books you need as a set. Like the set below I had to have BC 38 as it led so well into the cover of BC 39....  

image.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Not totally price, but that does factor into it. I was asking who thought which book currently is more popular/in demand. Money does tend to reflect that and I agreed that CoC 19 still is maintaining a lead.

Ahk, well if we are talking more qualitatively about demand I'd say they are much closer than the monetary numbers indicate.

1 hour ago, Jayman said:

BTW, if CoC 16 is one end of the horror rat chew cover, then Black Cat Mystery 49 has to be the other end!

IMG_4810.PNG

IMG_4809.PNG

Both are deliciously disgusting.

6 hours ago, IngelsFan said:

Ok, NOW I'm onboard. I've been a little obsessed with that cover for a while now. I have the original are and...let's just call it "a few" copies of the book. If ANYONE knows where the sole highest graded copy is (the 9.2), please give me a yell.

Chamber of Chills #16 CGC 9.2 :shy:

coc 16.jpg