• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, october said:

Nik had a pretty good selection of books.  I thought they all did well.  I was interested in a couple of the FH Fights but they, too, realized healthy prices.   

1 hour ago, october said:

That really is a very healthy price for a reader copy, but CoC #23 has been showing a healthy upward trend in value the last couple years.  Really wish I didn't sell my VF- copy for $400 four years ago.  It being a Harvey, I figured I'd find another decent copy to fill the hole in my collection, but unfortunately, that ship has sailed.

CoC 23 was always a book I would pick up anytime I found it priced well in vg or better. I knew it was the “missing” Harvey gore key to go with the other 3 titles (WT25, ToT5 and BCM50), but I’m still shocked at how it has skyrocketed in the past year or so.

7 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

So, a few days ago I asked for advice about a PCH book and only got 2 likes...and no info...

Can we try that again?  What's the deal with THIS book?  What should it be worth in 2.0?

39430499124_423bb9ff10_c.jpg

I sold a graded 4.0 for 425 a couple months back. If that helps. 

Just now, X_Phile said:

I sold a graded 4.0 for 425 a couple months back. If that helps. 

That helps a lot.  Thanks.  I don't really even know what to grade this book.  I'm calling it a 2.0 due to the water stains, creases, and spine creases.  I hope that is correct.  Of course, if it was Metro's book they would call it a VG+... lol

20 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

So, a few days ago I asked for advice about a PCH book and only got 2 likes...and no info...

Can we try that again?  What's the deal with THIS book?  What should it be worth in 2.0?

39430499124_423bb9ff10_c.jpg

Not much, nobody really buys that stuff any more. I hear Congo Bill and Mr. District Attorney are on the rise though  :baiting: