• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2018 at 3:33 PM, Point Five said:

I just love this one. Soooooo underrated. Great pickup.  (thumbsu

Much appreciated, Point Five! I got this book years ago from John Hauser. Just getting around to scanning and sharing a lot of my books now, which is renewing my appreciation of them. :)

On 5/12/2018 at 3:07 PM, bronze johnny said:

My favorite Baily cover and the greatest devil cover of them all (apologies to L.B. Cole fans). Also, best cover in the run (apologies to Wolverton fans).

Congrats!!!

I really appreciate this book and your comment caused me to ponder -- best devil cover? Maybe yes! Best cover in the run? Hmmm, possibly, but I find myself leaning #3 or 5 for perhaps a rotating 3-way split of that honorific. :)

On 5/11/2018 at 8:04 PM, Jayman said:

Here's one I always liked. A Kirby demon cover. I wonder if this had any influence on his BA character, Etrigan...hm

BlackMagic8_zpsbe8dee31.jpg

I really like this cover and the colors -- especially the way Dinny is perhaps just a little too sure of himself. I don't especially care for a lot of the Kirby Black Magic covers, but not this one! Sweet book Jayman!

I know flying donut had the hardest time finding a copy of #25 for his Crypt run. It might well be tougher than most? After I find a given issue from wherever, I tend to stop looking for it (unless it really needs an upgrade) so my perceptions of toughness aren't reliable.

tftc-25.png

12 minutes ago, Phil the Governor said:

Picked up this the other day. Always wanted a copy, and the price was just right! Always thought it was right up there with Menace 1, JIM 5 and Spellbound 17.

suspense26.jpg

I agree, and I picked up a lower-grade copy a few years ago myself for the very same reasons! Congrats! :)

27 minutes ago, originalisbest said:

Jayman, your Atlases never cease to amaze!

The gal on the cover of #4 is, er, "healthy." :smile:

Thank you! That cover also sports an "up the skirt" shot. Unfortunately it on the guy! :sick: