• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, originalisbest said:

And a genuinely scary Weird Mysteries #3 cover -- sometime, I will get decent-ish copies of #4 and/or 5 to keep it company! :)

WMyst-3.png

4&5 are classics but this one is pretty darn sweet! If 4&5 were not in the run, I think this would be the go to book! (thumbsu

1 minute ago, Jayman said:

4&5 are classics but this one is pretty darn sweet! If 4&5 were not in the run, I think this would be the go to book! (thumbsu

Indeed, it's got a lot of the good stuff! Only way I could see it improving is if a sexy damsel in distress were shoehorned in. Maybe just as well. ;)

8 hours ago, originalisbest said:

I have to agree! Still, so many of my books pale in comparison to examples you've posted. That's the fun thing about collections (and PCH in particular) -- no two are likely to be exactly alike. I'm often in admiration of so many from Jayman's posts that I don't yet have, yet, he once mentioned several ones of mine I'd posted, he didn't have either. :)

I agree with everything you said except about your books paling in comparison. You've got a lot more variation in pre-code books then I do. 

7 hours ago, originalisbest said:

And a genuinely scary Weird Mysteries #3 cover -- sometime, I will get decent-ish copies of #4 and/or 5 to keep it company! :)

WMyst-3.png

Great book! Weird Mysteries, Mister Mystery and Weird Chills are becoming almost impossible to find lately. Even the big dealers don't have any in stock.

4 minutes ago, Microbia said:

Awesome foreground and background elements with this Everett cover.  One of the better covers of early issues of this title IMHO. Got it from MCS in TX few weeks back. 

D56FBCF0-DF42-4586-8D4C-7484A8B7595B.jpeg

Very tough to find this cover halfway decently centered, and not cutting off the cover type elements!

5 hours ago, originalisbest said:

This one is a Feldstein classic for me -- the colors and how they were working out the header elements and type --

Tftc-21.png

Love the early issues!

4 hours ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

Weird Mysteries #8  Awesome Skeleton in the vault cover

IMG_E0187.JPG

The story "I Killed Mary" was pretty controversial at the time. There was a magazine article about it, but I'm having a problem finding it online.