• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, lbcolefan said:

I’m starting to think all high grade pch books are beyond my reach.

All the pch on Heritage tonight went for way more than I expected. Almost $1700 for a 8.5 Tomb of Terror 11!! Wonder what my 9.4 would sell forhm

I did manage to win this 1 tonight.

F8D78725-3370-42AC-927A-7BFC3E47DC97.jpeg

Love this book! Congrats! :applause:

9 hours ago, Darth Corgi said:

Yeah, precode horror ain't cheap in grade that's for sure and Auction houses lately have been setting super high prices. Here's my win from the evening:

image.jpeg

Another great one Darth, with a redrawn South Seas girl and that "grabby zombie"! lol(thumbsu

17 minutes ago, october said:

Some dizzying prices being paid on midgrade and up pre-code horror these days. Every week brings another surprising sale. 

Agreed - and even though it's old news to us, there doesn't seem to be a ceiling to the craziness.

6 hours ago, goldust40 said:

Agreed - and even though it's old news to us, there doesn't seem to be a ceiling to the craziness.

I feel like I've spent a good five years saying some variation of this theme though, time to acknowledge I'm a poor bellwether.

On 4/27/2018 at 11:55 AM, originalisbest said:

Now, most any EC is a good EC, but I sure do love Vault #32. I think it may be the colors and the shock of what seems to be a serene suburban evening existence, except for the reanimated corpse at your door; the ax that was once dangling out of the corpse's head would have made it even more alarming! A book that had I been alive at the time to buy it new, most certainly would have to be snuck by the parents!

Voh-32.png

I always liked the story about the hen pecked husband whose wife takes all of his money to buy Whitman Samplers. That story has a sweet finish.

On 5/1/2018 at 2:50 AM, Larryw7 said:

Such a tough book, and that's an awesome copy.

Thanks Larry! :) One of my favorites -- here and there I've had a heck of a time finding copies of MA or DM that I need. This one was a lucky purchase from years ago, otherwise I'm sure I'd still be looking!