• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

Chess was/is my fav board game of all time. I wonder how many chess covers are out there. Could we come up with at least 25 Golden age good ones?

Maybe good for a thread on its own? Your idea, so if you start it, I'll repost my two PCH ones to it! And of course there's JLA #1 (though not technically GA) -- others? :)

Edit to add -- Beyond #16 (great cover that I don't have) -- someone post one, please!

Edited by originalisbest
addition

3 hours ago, originalisbest said:

Maybe good for a thread on its own? Your idea, so if you start it, I'll repost my two PCH ones to it! And of course there's JLA #1 (though not technically GA) -- others? :)

Edit to add -- Beyond #16 (great cover that I don't have) -- someone post one, please!

Here's my 16

The Eerie Adventures #1 is the best chess cover imo though

Scan05182018155334_001.jpg

Edited by retrocomics
Spelling

12 minutes ago, X_Phile said:

Another Two that I was able to snag this week. Really been looking for the Strange Mysteries 12. 

strange mysteries 16 F.jpg

2018-05-19-0007.jpg

Nice! Definitely #11and #12 seem to be the toughest to track down in my opinion in the SM run.

Edited by retrocomics

5 minutes ago, NormdaMarine said:

Should have put this here instead of a new post...

What an amazing and beautiful find I ran into by chance! The Dark Mysteries 19 is just beautiful and is in the 3-5 range as is... The Haunt of Fear 8 is damaged in the middle all the way through the book but does not affect anything and the cover is fully attached LMAO!!!!!

20180520_082039.jpg

20180520_082110.jpg

Awesome. Any Dark Mysteries 19 is a wonderful find! Still need that one.

1 hour ago, cupny said:

I was able to pick up these 4 between the Nickel City con and a VFW show in Rochester this weekend.  Very happy with them, especially the Sinbad - the interiors are as nice as the cover!

Son of Sinbad 1 ANCa.jpg

Thing 2 Charlton a.jpg

Thing 8 Charlton a.jpg

This Magazine is Haunted 7 CDCa.jpg

Great books! I've always loved the "mad or misguided scientist in laboratory" covers and this one by Shelley is my favorite and one of the best.

6 hours ago, NormdaMarine said:

Should have put this here instead of a new post...

What an amazing and beautiful find I ran into by chance! The Dark Mysteries 19 is just beautiful and is in the 3-5 range as is... The Haunt of Fear 8 is damaged in the middle all the way through the book but does not affect anything and the cover is fully attached LMAO!!!!!

20180520_082039.jpg

20180520_082110.jpg

A collectors dream.