• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Albert Thurgood said:

Seems like an age since I bought this but it finally arrived.

This is the last in the EC "Weird..." range and the last pre-code EC SF book.

This is a classic Frazetta cover, and this copy was in the best condition of any  I have seen for sale so am very glad to get it!

image.png.d4159388c8fb2796d10cf644b74ce001.png

Congrats on getting such a nice copy!  Mine's a rag by comparison, LOL!  That June 1955 cover date has to be the latest W/O the code seal of any comic book of the period.  Most had the seal beginning with the March 1955 issues, but I think EC pushed it with one or two other titles for a month more.

16 hours ago, Albert Thurgood said:

Seems like an age since I bought this but it finally arrived.

This is the last in the EC "Weird..." range and the last pre-code EC SF book.

This is a classic Frazetta cover, and this copy was in the best condition of any  I have seen for sale so am very glad to get it!

image.png.d4159388c8fb2796d10cf644b74ce001.png

A wonderful book and copy, congrats! Mine isn't quite as nice but it does have this...

comweirdsciencefantasy29b.jpg

On 3/10/2021 at 6:58 PM, OdinsSecrets said:

Some of my cooler recent purchases

20200925_143653.jpg

Oh baby.The B bar riders is a gem but this one.....seeeeexy.Dead sexy.

Edited by porcupine48

7 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Awesome date stamp. 

7E0F4E1C-69DC-4EC0-8F6C-D97DAB875A0E.jpeg

I confess to not knowing what is going on on this cover. Is he a salesman or is that a box of chocolates on the ground by the door? I’m sure if I had this book and read it I would have figured it out by now, but from just staring at the cover I have no clue. Can anyone enlighten?

2 hours ago, Jayman said:

I confess to not knowing what is going on on this cover. Is he a salesman or is that a box of chocolates on the ground by the door? I’m sure if I had this book and read it I would have figured it out by now, but from just staring at the cover I have no clue. Can anyone enlighten?

I’ve not read it yet either.  Maybe the chocolates were poisoned and he ate them?

1 hour ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I’ve not read it yet either.  Maybe the chocolates were poisoned and he ate them?

No, I just looked at my copy; the second story, illustrated by Jack Kamin, is titled, "The Trap", and there's a panel showing this scene from a distance, like from an upper  story window.  It's a life insurance scam plot, and he ain't dead...YET, eh eh.

20 minutes ago, C. Spaulding said:

Here are two of my most recent acquisitions. These were both on my top 10 for quite some time and I couldn’t be more excited to add them to my collection. Big thanks to @Polonsky on the FAC20.

5F3F4BFD-71E7-433D-9EEC-0579BBD6E808.thumb.jpeg.7d441639229f575731c8b8291cafef08.jpeg

733BDF98-F8FB-455F-905B-14A163115EBD.thumb.jpeg.40e00605532dfefed7e784aed205f65f.jpeg

Very nice I've owned a FAC # 20 for many years but have never landed a CoC # 19.

5 minutes ago, Hap Hazard said:

Very nice I've owned a FAC # 20 for many years but have never landed a CoC # 19.

Thanks. I’ve been a Misfits fan forever so the CoC19 cover has always been high on my list. I probably waited too long to finally pick one up but that’s the way it goes. :headbang: