• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ 2013 - August 22nd to 25th in Toronto, Canada

152 posts in this topic

SCI FI GUESTS as of 06/06/13

NATHAN FILLION - CASTLE, FIREFLY

NORMAN REEDUS- THE BOONDOCK SAINTS, THE WALKING DEAD

MICHAEL ROOKER - THE WALKING DEAD

RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON - MACGYVER / STARGATE SG-1

DAVID HASSELHOFF - BAYWATCH, NIGHT RIDER

GEORGE TAKEI - STAR TREK, THE HOWARD STERN SHOW

LENA HEADEY - TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNER CHRONICLES, GAME OF THRONES

DEAN CAIN - LOIS & CLARK THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN

MORENA BACCARIN - FIREFLY, HOMELAND

JAMES HONG- BALDE RUNNER, KUNG FU PANDA

SHAWN ASHMORE- THE FOLLOWING, X-MEN FILM SERIES

AARON ASHMORE- LOST GIRL, SMALLVILLE, WAREHOUSE 13

JOE DANTE - GREMLINS, INNERSPACE, TWILIGHT ZONEl THE MOVIE

FOR A FULL LIST & UPDATES PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS LINK !!!

That's a great list just for James Hong and rarely do conventions ever get filmmakers so Joe Dante for the win ! :applause:

I'll probably be the only guy asking him about Matinee ! :grin:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107529/

I think if a dealer goes to a big show with key books, suggesting its the only place they can sell them, than the books are either over priced or have something wrong with them.

Its hard for US dealers to do Canadian shows and I personally believe Fan Expo has made a HUGE effort in getting good dealers for their shows. Canada has a lot of great guys.

PS. CGC books don't really sell at conventions - its hard. So bringing slabs isn't really worth the booth space cost. Fan Expo is a great place to make connections with dealers to buy from outside of the convention.

I think if a dealer goes to a big show with key books, suggesting its the only place they can sell them, than the books are either over priced or have something wrong with them.

Its hard for US dealers to do Canadian shows and I personally believe Fan Expo has made a HUGE effort in getting good dealers for their shows. Canada has a lot of great guys.

PS. CGC books don't really sell at conventions - its hard. So bringing slabs isn't really worth the booth space cost. Fan Expo is a great place to make connections with dealers to buy from outside of the convention.

Good points... especially when considering most of the slabbed books I buy are from online auction houses or these boards. However, I have purchased slabbed books at Fan Expo as well and would like to see more variety.

US dealers don't come up as often due to issues with customs. I can see why you would like CGC there but I think they run into the same issues and it may not be cost efficient even without the border. I could be way off.

At any rate I don't know if I would be pointing any fingers unless you have all the facts.

The US dealers point I don't understand.

I've always been able to find really good deals for comic books at Fan Expo. 2c

I guess my personal opinion is that I would like to see more vintage dealers who have a variety of CGC books for sale from the Golden/Silver/Bronze ages.

Last year I went looking for a "Big Book" to purchase and found the pickings very slim.

However, there were many good points to the show as well.

I've got a booth at this show, and there'll be a smack-load of great CGC-graded books. (thumbs u

I guess my personal opinion is that I would like to see more vintage dealers who have a variety of CGC books for sale from the Golden/Silver/Bronze ages.

Last year I went looking for a "Big Book" to purchase and found the pickings very slim.

I've got a booth at this show, and there'll be a smack-load of great CGC-graded books. (thumbs u

Best news of the day! Can't wait to see what you bring!

Best news of the day! Can't wait to see what you bring!

:headbang:

If you see a 6'6" skinny fellow with a Zombie sleeve say hello :hi:

You be sure to say hello, too. (thumbs u

You be sure to say hello, too. (thumbs u

Does your booth have a name? Will there be a grading contest? lol

[font:Book Antiqua]It’s there a get together dinner for board members coming to Fan expo?

So far I don’t have plans to attend the convention,

but I will love to met board members.

Dinner maybe?

Before or after?

Thoughts?[/font]

:popcorn:(shrug)