• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got a tattoo of Iron Man! Phase 3 Update July 22nd

337 posts in this topic

When he puts the stencil on your arm, make sure its where you want it, not where he wants it. He can always wipe it off and reposition it.

Don't second guess the positioning. Once he starts doing the outline its too late. The upper arms not to bad in the pain dept. The stomach and underarms are the worst.

stomach was a cake walk. And agreed, make sure its placed right!

I can't say I've ever seen anything that I would want someone to draw on my body that will be there forever.

Especially after several years it starts to fade and look like mess.

That said, bon appetit. :foryou:

i have tattoos 12 plus years old that havent faded.

I have an all black tat from 1989, my first year in the Marines. Still jet black. Maybe its the quality of the ink, I don't know.

No doubt, some of them stay forever. Others look like hell.

If I got one, I can guarantee it would look like hell after 5 years. That's just karma's way of keeping me from doing stupid mess.

I would get this,cause I'm a huge Hulk fan.

HulkTat.jpg

This guy could have bought a Hulk #1 at a decent grade for the price he paid for that tattoo. Book would have gone up in value too whereas that tattoo...well...I don't see it going up in value.

and it wouldn't look like he has a stream of green diarrhea heading for "where the good Lord split him" lol

Yeah, that hulk is pinching one off. lol

and it wouldn't look like he has a stream of green diarrhea heading for "where the good Lord split him" lol

Yeah, that hulk is pinching one off. lol

Which is why it's so important to get a stellar artist. That could have been really well done...

get a version of the Iron Man you fell in love with when you started reading.

Mine would be Layton.

You could search the SigSeries thread for a great inked Iron Man sketch and use that as your basis.

Suggestion:

Think of the pose / suit you want.

Then think of an artist you like.

Commission that artist to 'draw' your tattoo.

I saw once that someone had Daniel Clowes and also Charles Burns draw their tattoo flash which is where this idea stemmed from.

Hi Mark,

I don’t think you have to stick with the original armor, just the pose. You can pick the armature model you prefer, and have someone draw Iron Man in the classic TOS #39 pose.

To be honest, I haven’t liked so much most of the armors of the last 15-20 years. I think they came up with really cool ones during the Armor Wars II – for example, I love this cover:

Iron_Man_Vol_1_259.jpg

But of course a composed image may not be suitable for a small-sized tattoo, otherwise my choice would be the cover to Iron Man #46, one of the most dramatic ever, but of course it makes sense with the Guardsman and not alone:

Iron+Man+v1+046+-+00fc.jpg

I love this one as well, but again makes not much sense outside of the composed scene:

im112.jpg

Otherwise, I would second the #126, but this one is also very cool:

Iron_Man_Vol_1_258.1.jpg

(Again, I am talking chiefly of the pose, if you don’t like certain armors, you could have someone draw your favorite armor in the chosen pose).

Sorry for the pics sizes… :P

I love this cover...

Go retro!

iron_man_126_zpsb48322a4.jpg

Mah 1st thought... (thumbs u

I really like this art by Layton and the pose is good but

My wife looked at it last night and said he looks like he is jerking off... lol

Now that isn't good...