• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MyComicShop @ Ebay...Anyone Know Them?

106 posts in this topic

94 divided by 12583 is .0073128987 (their month's neg/neutrals and positives, respectively.)

If you are going to hold someone to an impossible standard of excellence, you should never buy on eBay again.

:shrug:

-slym

I don't....I buy here....Just don't want to be one of the ones who ends up like the ones who left Negetive and neutral feedback.

Okay.

Now I wonder, since you don't buy on eBay at all, why you would even say that it is "too much bad feedback" for you.

-slym

To much bad feedback as in I don't want to be that guy? What's not to get?

Haven't bought on e bay for a while since I found out about this site, for every three books I'd buy one would come tore up saying it was a 7.5 or higher in the add or NM/M.....I won't buy on e bay unless I know the seller and have bought from him in the pass and he was a stand up seller.

99% positive. Now, that means 1% neg. Add in the fact that probably 5% of Ebay buyers are individual_without_enough_empathys, and draw your own conclusions.

thats some good mathin' you did there!

many complaints are no different than any other huge company

1. imperfect inventory management (sometimes you buy a book and they cant fulfil the order cause they dont have it)... led to negative feedbacks

2. They do have a weird policy about sub $5 purchases, where if the wrong book gets sent or you want to return it cause the grade is not up to snuff they just tell you to keep the book and refund you the book cost (not the shipping I think). Some people have problems with that.. .thus more negative feedbacks.

then there's just the crazy people splitting hairs over the condition of $2 books.

Okay.

Now I wonder, since you don't buy on eBay at all, why you would even say that it is "too much bad feedback" for you.

Haven't bought on e bay for a while since I found out about this site, for every three books I'd buy one would come tore up saying it was a 7.5 or higher in the add or NM/M.....I won't buy on e bay unless I know the seller and have bought from him in the pass and he was a stand up seller.

If you don't use the site (although now you say you do) then their feedback, good or bad, seems irrelevant. It makes it sound like you have an axe to grind.

IMHO, anyway.

-slym

Does anyone know who owns this company who sells on Ebay? I'm assuming they have to be on this board for sure!

I don't think I'd ever buy from them. 887 Negetive and neutral feedback in the last 6 months!

u no good at math.

6 month negatives and neutrals: 223+244 = 667... oh I bet you were hitting 8s when you meant 6s

12k in positive feedback in one month is insane.

Math is hard.

lol

They once sent me the wrong book. When I complained, they refunded the price and told me to keep the book. Now I'm stuck with a book I never ordered.

They also turned me into a newt.

On the other hand, I once asked them to put a $400 reserve on a book I was auctioning. Book sold for $332, and they sent me a check based on the $400 reserve, not the $332 sales price. Sneaky bastichs

What totally freaks me out is they do something like 200,000 transactions a month but an email sent to them a t 3AM is almost always answered within hours.

They once sent me the wrong book. When I complained, they refunded the price and told me to keep the book. Now I'm stuck with a book I never ordered.

They also turned me into a newt.

On the other hand, I once asked them to put a $400 reserve on a book I was auctioning. Book sold for $332, and they sent me a check based on the $400 reserve, not the $332 sales price. Sneaky bastichs

What totally freaks me out is they do something like 200,000 transactions a month but an email sent to them a t 3AM is almost always answered within hours.

Why, they turned ME into a newt....... but I got better..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Made a lot of purchases from them. Always pack the books really well, even if it's just a single book, no envelopes so far. Only had one minor issue, could have been a new guy in the packing room getting a little carried away though.

I've ordered about 300 late silver/early bronze from them in the past year, and have been overwhelmingly satisfied. Mostly books in the $5-40 range, vg-vf condition. To estimate, I'd guess that 75% were graded right on the money, 24% undergraded, and maybe %1 overgraded.

I'll take those odds all day long, no doubt. Given the amount of product that they move, there are always going to be those who have something to complain about. From what I understand, they will do what they have to in order to accommodate.

Great packing and fast service. My "go to" company to fill in runs of titles.

Buying from their website is cheaper, and the website is a great source for writer/artist/creator/cover information.

Highly recommended.

Does anyone know who owns this company who sells on Ebay? I'm assuming they have to be on this board for sure!

Yes, mycomicshop was/is Lone Star Comics. They have a large web presence and run their own auctions in addition to selling on ebay. They are members of the boards and post from time to time.

Do you have any specific questions?

Thanks everyone I was just curious what your experience has been.

So far the last few orders I purchased from them the ebay description said 'NM' but when all the books showed up they were all, 100% 'FINE' at best!

Just disappointing because I really needed NM books before a con. Since they were such I couldn't get half of the signatures I was hoping to get. Now I have to wait another year. :facepalm::tonofbricks::sorry:

Okay.

If you don't use the site (although now you say you do) then their feedback, good or bad, seems irrelevant. It makes it sound like you have an axe to grind.

IMHO, anyway.

-slym

I don't know the seller nor do I care to. I've never bought from them and I certainly wouldn't hold a grudge unless they ripped me off for something big...which they haven't so I could really care less. No matter how minimal it is I don't want to be one of the ones who gets the shaft on a bad book.

Not sure why peeps are making a big stink over me saying I don't want to be that guy?

They are the tightest graders out there.

Bull-fertilizer. rantrant

Any company that sends out VF+ books when NM+ books were ordered are not the tightest graders out there

Bob Storms, Nick Beckett, now they could be considered the "tightest" graders out there. (thumbs u