• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MyComicShop @ Ebay...Anyone Know Them?

106 posts in this topic

I only have great things to say about them in regards to both selling and buying. Yes, it's a wonderful experience to get accurately graded books in the mail packaged to withstand an assault by the Hulk. But it's just as nice to get excellent customer service that isn't kissing or patronizing. My BS meter is pretty good having been in customer service for so long and these guys have treated me like a King. I've heard the same thing from others and I have no idea how they do it with the volume that they do. They must be feeding their employees AF #15's and FF #1's to keep them happy.

I know this thread is based on BUYING from MCS but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that I've sent them over 12,000 comics in the last 12 months over 30 separate selling transactions and been very pleased (hence going back for 30 transactions). They're fast and efficient too - it's nice to get money in the mail quickly and not have to wait until someone does their end of month reports.

Hi guys :hi:

Appreciate the kind words about us in the thread. As always, anybody's welcome to PM me if you have a question or there's something I can help you with.

They are the tightest graders out there.

Bull-fertilizer. rantrant

Any company that sends out VF+ books when NM+ books were ordered are not the tightest graders out there

Bob Storms, Nick Beckett, now they could be considered the "tightest" graders out there. (thumbs u

Joe, regarding your comment about ordering NM+ and receiving VF+. We don't assign NM+ 9.6 or NM/M 9.8 grades to raws unless we're very confident of the condition. I'd be pretty surprised if somebody ordered a NM+ from us and got a VF+, unless there was damage to the book somewhere along the way during shipping. Or maybe that was intended as more of a hypothetical statement on your part rather than a specific example.

Why would you be surprised by somebody ordering a NM+ and receiving a VF+? There have been examples given here over the years of this happening to boardies. It has happened to me. And not just with books under $50. Nothing "hypothetical" about my statement. Just fact about books I have received from MCS. I also doubt that a ripped back cover on a book and a 2" corner crease on another book happened due to shipping damage. NM+ books indeed. :(

It just goes to show that not everybody has the same experiences when dealing with businesses in the real world. For every 10 happy customers there is always the chance that 2-3 customers did not have a satisfactory experience.

Their historical record documents that for every 2 or 3 customers that didn't have a satisfactory experiance, it is over 1,000 who did, not 10.

I'm a dealer, and I seldom buy from other dealers. I'll admit that I have very high standards, and most dealers fall short of them.

I've ordered from My Comic Book Shop several times in the past year. Everything is impeccable each time. The grading is spot on, the packaging could not be more sturdy and secure, the speed is good, the shipping rates are very reasonable. I would not hesitate to order from this outstanding company!

- Lee

I've bought from the repeatedly--both their auctions (a book I had been looking for for _years_) and their website (last week).

Highest possible recommendation.

If 99.2% feedback isn't enough for you over 12k transactions in 30 days, your standards are too high. ESPECIALLY given the types of folks who shop on eBay.

Since my MBA is from a public school, I'll admit I'm not too good at math, but a 99.2% positive rate when you're doing 400 transactions a day is beyond respectable, particularly when people are more apt to lead feedback when it's negative. If anything--that's underreporting the additional satisfied customers for whom life is too short to back in and leave feedback after a positive transaction.

I've been unhappy with their books multiple times. While completing runs of ASM, Batman, and others, I've ordered a number of books from them. I don't remember how many orders, 4 or 5 probably. In every order I had multiple books that were significantly damaged.

I'm not talking about books being over graded a grade or two. I'm talking about over looking a serious flaw like a pop'd staple, a large tear on the cover, and things of that nature. They just aren't paying attention when they are sending out the books.

The problem is, everytime I tried to resolve the problem their only offer was for me to send the book back for a refund. I can't justify the time and cost of shipping back a couple books that cost a few bucks. So I just had to eat it. Maybe I have come to expect an Amazon.com level of customer service, in the case of a $3 ASM I would only be happy if they just said keep the book and gave a full refund. Expecting to have the buyer ship it back is sort of asinine in my opinion.

Anyway I don't order from them anymore if I can help it.

So in other words, you want to have your cake and eat it too. Expecting a full refund AND keeping the book smacks a little of a heightened sense of entitlement. :facepalm:

Would you still be unhappy if the seller gave the full refund and paid for return shipping? Just because you don't want to "justify the time and cost of shipping back books?" doh!

Yes I'm entitled to get what I paid for and not lose money and time shipping back to the seller that was their error. My time is a bit more valuable than the hour or more I'd waste going to and from the post office to return a $3 book, and I'd lose the return shipping cost to boot. If you can afford to waste that time you should probably look into a new career.

This isn't a "heightened sense of entitlement", it's having an expectation of high quality customer service. Get off off your high horse and stop being an apologist for a company that does in fact frequently over grade and send out books that are damaged or don't match the description as advertised.

I'll choose to no longer do business with them because their product and customer service do not meet my expectations, and shared my experiences. When you feel like being judgmental next time, go do it to someone that cares what your opinion is.

I've been unhappy with their books multiple times. While completing runs of ASM, Batman, and others, I've ordered a number of books from them. I don't remember how many orders, 4 or 5 probably. In every order I had multiple books that were significantly damaged.

I'm not talking about books being over graded a grade or two. I'm talking about over looking a serious flaw like a pop'd staple, a large tear on the cover, and things of that nature. They just aren't paying attention when they are sending out the books.

The problem is, everytime I tried to resolve the problem their only offer was for me to send the book back for a refund. I can't justify the time and cost of shipping back a couple books that cost a few bucks. So I just had to eat it. Maybe I have come to expect an Amazon.com level of customer service, in the case of a $3 ASM I would only be happy if they just said keep the book and gave a full refund. Expecting to have the buyer ship it back is sort of asinine in my opinion.

Anyway I don't order from them anymore if I can help it.

So in other words, you want to have your cake and eat it too. Expecting a full refund AND keeping the book smacks a little of a heightened sense of entitlement. :facepalm:

Would you still be unhappy if the seller gave the full refund and paid for return shipping? Just because you don't want to "justify the time and cost of shipping back books?" doh!

Yes I'm entitled to get what I paid for and not lose money and time shipping back to the seller that was their error. My time is a bit more valuable than the hour or more I'd waste going to and from the post office to return a $3 book, and I'd lose the return shipping cost to boot. If you can afford to waste that time you should probably look into a new career.

This isn't a "heightened sense of entitlement", it's having an expectation of high quality customer service. Get off off your high horse and stop being an apologist for a company that does in fact frequently over grade and send out books that are damaged or don't match the description as advertised.

I'll choose to no longer do business with them because their product and customer service do not meet my expectations, and shared my experiences. When you feel like being judgmental next time, go do it to someone that cares what your opinion is.

You are the definition of an unwanted customer to almost any business, never satisfied, taking any mistake as a personal affront. Sure, your time is more important than anyone elses, and your expectation of a minty fresh comic for 3 bucks is totally realistic. I think it's far more important to the world economy that comic dealers avoid you than you avoiding any particular dealer.

MCS is literally the only mass comic dealer I buy and sell from online at this point, after trial and error with many businesses. They have very strict grading, as the 20+ threads prior about them over the years will attest, they have absurdly secure shipping, as well as these custom ship boxes for slabs that I eagerly reuse when I get them, and they have unparalleled depth of inventory for runs of bronze, copper + modern.

They also have a handful of detractors that are very vocal. As any sane, and greatly successful operating business should, I hope they cheerfully invite those strongly agitated, motivated anti mcs people to shop elsewhere, over there, far away.

Does anyone know who owns this company who sells on Ebay? I'm assuming they have to be on this board for sure!

I don't think I'd ever buy from them. 887 Negetive and neutral feedback in the last 6 months!

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face - all that does it make you look stupid!

Hes free to buy from whomever he wants, but not buying from a large dealer because he only satisfies 99.2 of his clients and going with someone else is foolish. His choice.

Its just funny how different people see the same thing. We look at his 99.2% positives and see a seller with a proven track record. He sees something entirely different.

Seeing this amount of negs and neutrals in such a short period of time should give anyone pause

It may still not be a reason not to buy from a seller. Bottom line is people need to do their own homework and make their own decisions. Deciding not to buy doesn't make anyone stupid. :eyeroll: