• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Black Terror vs. Killer Robot from Exciting Comics #45

52 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I recently completed a digital sculpt of The Black Terror vs. Killer Robot, which is inspired by the cover of Exciting Comics #45:

9004068364_c7441e2ef3_o.jpg

9002890759_7ecb653c11_o.jpg

9002890357_0401b151a9_o.jpg

9002890133_f6e78d55b7_o.jpg

9004089358_f8e58dc7c7_b.jpg

As you can see, it is not a direct adaptation of the cover, but definitely retains the spirit and style of Alex Schomburg's dynamic illustration. I think it will eventually make a nice figurine and hope you like it!

Best Regards,

Jared

That is bad-! You need to make some of those so we can carry them in the shop. I think they would sell. And even if they don't, who cares. They would look so great on the shelves.

Really awesome (thumbs u

These are renders of a digital model, which will serve as the basis of a physical 3D print. The production figurine will be made of resin, while the robot's hoses, antenna, and dagger will be made of metal.

Thanks for the explanation. The metal components are a really cool touch.

What scale would this be in?

Thank you for the kind remarks! Silver Surfer, I do consider custom orders, feel free to contact me at info@jaredzichek.com to request a quote for a custom sculpture. The figures are sculpted using specialized software and the resulting digital model can be used both for illustrations (like those above) and a physical 3D print, among other applications.

Jayman, the scale will be 1/21, the same as the recent Eaglemoss Marvel and DC figurine collections. This piece will be 3.84" (9.74 cm) high. The metal bits are actually to minimize the possibility of breakage in the package.

I'm curious as to how long that took to make. It's very cool and I can imagine all sorts of other covers like Startling 49 that would be very cool, too.

Beautiful work!

I might suggest changing the base color to a forest green. This would be somewhat consistent with the cover but, more importantly, might set off the figures better than the current dark grey.

I vote BIGGER! :whee:

Agreed. I think 8" would be the perfect size for an office desk display piece. Under 4" is way too small. To me, an 8" size is a statue of value, under 4" seems like a cheap (yet cool) play toy.

I'd also suggest making it a signed & limited numbered edition (which could be done on the front edge of the base or on the bottom of the base). If you sell out of the first run you can always make a second edition. :idea: